Devour

Upon entering, everything was very clean and organized, the complete opposite of the Jason hideout. There were humans lying on tables with specific body parts cut open.

"Fuck these are all the ones they tried on, but they died... this is horrible." Kaneki thought.

After passing a few of these eventually they came across your body.

"Y/N..oh my gosh, wh-what can I do?" Kaneki said finding you. His hand hovered over your wound.

The others gathered in on each side of you.

You fluttered your eyes open but couldn't find the strength to speak.

"Will taking your medicine make it better?" Ayato asked.

You shook your head no.

"Where did he inject you this time?" Kaneki asked.

You slowly raised your arm and pointed to his heart.

"No, no, not there... Y/N, you can survive this right? You're gonna...you're gonna be ok right?" Kaneki said as a few tears rolled out.

You stayed quiet, and your breaths became hard, you laid there and tears began to slowly fall from your eyes.

"Y/N, please I need you! I know we barely met, but...but... please don't die!" Hinami cried out.

You looked over at her and gently wiped away a few tears from her face.

Suddenly your eyes opened wide, you heard a sound all too familiar to you. The sound of the chamber doors opening, meaning it was time to get beat up.

"How many is he going to send...? "You thought to yourself.

You quickly sat up, yelling out in pain as blood began to pour out of you now. "Y/N lay back down you're..." Kaneki said trying to lay you back.

You pushed his hand back and demandingly said, "Leave"

"What, no way" Ayato said.

"Leave!!!" You screamed out the time in pure terror looking all around.

"No, we're not leaving you...we will fight whoever gets in our way of taking you back" Kaneki said.

You shook your head more, trying to gain more control of your vision.

"Can you stand?" Kaneki asked.

You shook your head no, "the tranquilizer hasn't worn off yet"

"Tranquilizer" Hinami said.

"Yeah, it prevents us from moving while they cut us open"

Hearing this, Kaneki's mind began to go crazy, "fuck, fuck, fuck! I'm supposed to protect her..."

He quickly tried cutting himself to give you his blood so you could heal.

"We're gonna make it through this ok? Before you know it, you and I will be right back in my bed falling asleep together safe and sound. Ok, let's make that happen." Kaneki told you as he caressed your cheek.

You shook your head yes.

"Is my blood working, can you move yet?"

Faintly you said, "No", but before anything else could happen the chamber doors opened, and tons of powerful ghouls surrounded you. This wasn't like the Jason gang, these were elite, strong ghouls, designed to not let people escape. One after another they defeated them, but it was severely draining everyone's energy. They surrounded you as all of them fought to keep them all away from you. Hinami was getting tired, so tired that one of them was able to land a crushing blow to her left arm making it unusable.