A plan to save humans

The next morning you woke up a nervous wreck. You had been mentally working on a plan you knew was insane to begin with. Due to the things that were injected into you, you became very sick, whatever they injected into you ended up having bad side effects and was slowly eating away at your immune system. You would have to take pills they made for you three times a day in order to keep the effects at bay. The one thing you managed to do was about a year prior to your escape, you skipped taking one pill a day and collected as many of them as you could. If you weren't dying of pain you would sometimes skip two pills, knowing that if it got really bad they would distribute another pill to you thinking that the side effects were particularly bad that day. Day after day you let your body sit in agony storing up as many pills as you could. In total you accumulated 483 pills. Prior to meeting Kaneki you had been free on your own for about three months and used one pill a day. There was no way you could go a day without taking a pill, and you didn't want to risk getting sick and having to go to the hospital, you couldn't risk them finding you. Since Kaneki found you it's been about ten months plus there were days where the pain inside your body was too much to bare so you'd have to take two sometimes three pills a day like you're supposed to. So now you had around 27 left, so you knew soon you would either lower down to half a pill a day and put off telling Kaneki or bite the bullet and tell him the truth.

You wanted to put off telling for as long as possible, getting more pills was dangerous, and it was your problem, not his. While helping Kaneki research, you saw a pill they mass made called "Xzerex". You knew that was the name of the medicine the company you were held at gave you to control your sickness. So this was your chance, you would play the role of being upset that you can't go, so Kaneki would at least take you to the location but most likely leave you behind in the car. Then you would sneak off yourself and use the chaos to your advantage, find these pills and grab as many as you could. It was the perfect plan, the only problem was, you're not a ghoul, you have no way of protecting yourself should you run into trouble. That fear was eating you up inside, and you were trying very hard to push this fear away and focus.

"Fuck, you can do this Y/N! You have too, this is the only way you'll survive" you kept telling yourself that hopefully since this is an underground copycat gang there wouldn't be a lot of security, "It's not like this is the company who held me, this is some dumb copycat gang. I'm sure it will be easy," you told yourself.

You got ready and took another pill, looking in the mirror you put on the necklace Kaneki gave you. You were wearing a long sleeve, fitted V-neck that Kaneki gave you, so the necklace was proudly being shown off.

Stepping out of your room, you were surprised at how many people were in Kaneki's living room. You circled back and began to disappear into your room again when Ayato caught you.

"Hey, its ok, no one here will hurt you. You can stay near me, will that help you feel better?"

You shook your head yes. "Fuck, I'm gonna be the one she clings too. Why am I so excited?"

"Ok, hang on to me, let's go find Hinami, she wants to say hi to you" Ayato said as he stuck his arm out for you to grab.

To his surprise you locked your arm into his and hung on tight. He could feel just how nervous and anxious you were and he absolutely loved being your protector.

"I get it now" he thought to himself.

Walking around, you two eventually found Hinami, but you stayed clung to Ayato.

"Hi Y/N, nice to see you again"

You bowed and waved hello to her.

"I didn't know you and Ayato had gotten so close, did I miss out on something yesterday?" She said laughing.