DEVIL

DISCLAIMER:

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, local institutions/organizations, or events is entirely coincidental.

***

Her...

I like gorgeous men.

I like a man with soft features. Small noses, languid eyes, and soft kissable lips. He must be tall and of course... healthy. I like someone who is pleasant to the eye. Wealthy men attract me, too, but they should have good reputation. I was pretty much known to be a person who had high standards when it came to men.

I'd only been in one relationship. Medyo matagal kami nung ex ko pero noong hindi na kami ay napagtanto ko at napatanong sa sarili kung bakit ko pinatulan ang lalaking yun. He wasn't handsome at all, not even close to attractive.

Sabi nila ay tatanda ako ng matandang dalaga kapag masyado akong picky sa mga lalaki. I really didn't care about it. I could look after myself until I get old, I just had to earn money until then.

"Eden? Are the suits ready?" Ms. Frida asked.

"Yes, miss," sagot ko sabay double check ng mga formal suits na nandito.

"How about the dresses for Madam Goncalves? Are the 50 pieces she asked for complete? Wala bang kulang?"

"I will double-check, Ms. Frida."

We're here at the private villa of the Goncalves. They're one of the top 5 wealthiest families in the country. They're leading the Commerce and Real Estate in the country and making their name globally. I've been here a couple of times, but their luxury still leaves me dumbfounded.

Madam Goncalves looked so elegant with just her silky robe on when she entered the room. She smiled at us. We greeted her and then Ms. Frida presented the dresses to her. Nakatayo lang ako sa gilid habang nakikinig sa kanila.

"Can you first show me the dresses that Ms. Eden designed?" Madam ordered.

She always favors my designs. She likes most of them. She always praises me for my creativity. She told me that she always stood out wearing the dresses I made. I couldn't be prouder of myself for hearing compliments from her.

I made 5 dresses for her for this event. She again was having a hard time picking the best for tonight. I recommended her the rose gold two-piece gown. The dress has a lace-up back and a completely boned corset bodice with a smooth, crescent-shaped neckline. The thigh-high split in the skirt, which elongates the figure, contrasts with the form-fitting corset bodice and, of course, has a wrist loop for when you need to tour the train up.

"Eden, you're perfect!" she praised when she came out of the dressing room.

Magpapasalamat na sana ako kay Madam nang biglang may pumasok ng kwarto na kumuha agad ng atensyon sa mga tao na nandito. It's Jair. He greeted his mom and kissed her cheek. Pagkatapos ay sinulyapan nya ako at mayabang na ngumisi.

I internally rolled my eyes at him. He's so arrogant. I hate his confidence.

Since Madam has picked her dress already. Ms. Frida was now presenting the suits to him. Wala akong designs para sa kanya kaya hindi ko pinansin ang pag-uusap nila.

Nagsimula akong nagligpit ng mga dresses kasama ang isang staff namin dito nang marinig ko ang pangalan kong tinawag ni Jair galing sa dressing room. Wala akong ganang humarap kay Ms. Frida. Nakatanggap ako ng pagtango nya at pinasunod kay Jair sa loob.

"How can I help you, sir?" I asked as soon as I entered the room.

He smirked. "You can talk to me casually, Eden."

"Ano na naman ang kailangan mo?" mahina at naiinis na tanong ko.

We knew each other even before I worked with his family. I met him in my last year of college because he fucked one of my block mates once while we went clubbing. She cried and chased after him, she was smitten by him, but he ended up rejecting her saying she only wanted his money. Tsk. Reasons.

"Help me put this on," he said as he stretched the bow and tie forward.

Walang ekspresyon ko itong tinanggap at humakbang sa kanya palapit. I was wearing my heels on, so it wasn't hard for me to reach his neck. Seryoso akong isinusuot sa kanya ang tie nang bigla nyang hinaplos ang braso ko habang matiim akong tinitigan.

I kept a straight face, showing how unaffected I was. I pushed his hand away. "Your mom's outside. There are people outside. Have decency."

"Gusto mo ba yung walang tao at tayo lang?"

"Hindi din," I refused.

"Bakit ba ayaw mo sa offer ko? I may have fucked a lot of women but I'm clean. Wala akong sakit," aniya.

"You're ugly," I said.

He scoffed in humor. "What? Who are you calling ugly?"

"Ikaw. Hindi ka gwapo. Hindi ko maintindihan kung bakit maraming babae ang patay na patay sayo. Mayaman ka lang naman. Siguro ay pera lang talaga ang habol nila sayo. Kawawa ka naman."

He raised a brow as his lips twitched up. "You don't have a good taste in men. You should see a specialist."

I shook my head. "Hindi lang talaga kita type kaya tigilan mo na ako. Maghanap ka ng maganda at mayamang babae ngayong gabi sa party. Go serious and fall in love so your mom would be happy."

"Love is overpraised. Life is not all about fucking falling in love."

"Sex is, too."

"Talaga?" nakangising tanong nya.

"Yeah." I swallowed. Hard.

"Subukan kaya natin. Let's have sex right now. Tingnan natin kung hindi mo magustuhan," he challenged as he slid his palm up the small of my waist. "Baka hahanap-hanapin mo pa."

"That won't work on me," matigas na pagkakasabi ko.

"We shall see," he asked in the most flirting way possible. His other hand made it under my skirt.

My breath suddenly became heavy, but I remained calm. "Quit it, Jair," I said as I fought against his stare.

He leaned closer and then whispered in a husky voice. "Meet me here after the party tonight."