5-Human Elevator

After five days, the Visa was about to expire again and I set out to find a Game.

One thing had changed in that short period of time: I was rediscovering a part of me that I had decided to leave in the other world, my feelings. They were starting to come back and one in particular, was nagging me and it was all White Hoodie's fault.

I couldn't stop thinking about his words, I couldn't stop thinking about him and his ash-blonde hair, how his dark brown eyes had looked into my soul, how he held me tight during the Game of the 7 of Hearts and how he seemed to really care about me.

Even though now I would probably agree to take part in his plan, whatever it was, I had to stop thinking about him and find my impassive side if I was going to get through the next Game.

I found the Arena and entered the courtyard, passed the lasers and went to get my cell phone. I looked around and saw that there were some sort of iron bars sticking out of the wall; they were a couple of meters long and there were four of them.

The other people were talking to each other, but strangely today I had no interest in who I would face because I was sure that it was a Game of Spades and that those bars, which were now on the ground, had something to do with the challenge. Only one participant was missing and the Game would begin.

I was still hoping to meet the girl with the dreads again and go to the Beach, and as soon as I thought about it, here she came, with her blue bathing suit and chopstick in her mouth.

She took the last cell phone and as soon as she noticed me, she came up to me.

"Hey." She greeted me.

"Hey." Then, I decided to get straight to the point. "I accept your offer."

"I knew you would." She took the chopstick out of her mouth and put it in her jeans' pocket. "Let's finish this Game quickly then."

We exchanged a knowing look and I thought that perhaps I had finally found an ally.

White Hoodie was another story. And now he had to get out of my head.

The metallic voice began to speak.

Difficulty: 2 of Spades

Game: Human Elevator

Rules: Players must hold on to the metal bar as it rises to the top. The bar will stop several times for an indefinite amount of time before continuing to go up. There are two players per bar. For those who let go, it's Game Over.

Time limit: when there are 5 minutes left to the end of the Game you will be notified.

The latter was new to me; so they wouldn't tell us how long we'd have to hang to the bar.

"Let's hope they don't leave us here for the entire day." The girl with the dreads joked.

She didn't seem concerned and she was fit too, so this time I was calm and confident that we would have made it. And then, I would finally see what this Beach was.

We both made our way to the first bar, while the others formed the pairs. As soon as we were all in front of the bar, it slowly rose and stopped just over a meter and a half to allow us to hang on, then continued to rise for a further two meters before stopping.

"How many times do you think it will stop?" She asked me.

"I have no idea."

"Kuina." She told me after a while.

"Jen." I said laughing. "I'd bow you know, but I'm a little busy."

Kuina laughed too. "You know, I think we'll become friends."