fifteen

"Colby, you need to slow down." I laughed at the boy who was trying to take another shot.

He's been here for an hour and he's been a nuisance. He found my alcohol stash and he's been taking shots after another.

"You're not my mom!" He tried to come back to me. Kat and Xepher were laying on the air mattress, laughing their asses off.

"I'll call your mom." I could tell he wasn't expecting that one. He took a step back while he looked over at me.

"You don't even have her number so jokes on you!" I shook my head.

Drunk Colby definitely knows how to get on my nerves. I groan for a moment and look at him.

"Take one more shot and I'll drive you back to the traphouse." I tell him sternly.

His eyebrows furrowed while he sat the bottle and shot glass down on the counter.

The girls were giggling behind me. "You don't have to be so mean about it." He pouted.

He moved over to the couch and I'm surprised he's walking just fine.

He flops on the couch and lays down on it. "The world is spinning." He slurred while I chuckled a little bit.

"This is going to be a long night." I say to myself. I join them on the couch and start scrolling through my phone.

I could feel someone stare at me. I sighed as I looked over towards Colby to see he was staring at me.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." I joked towards him. As we all sat in the living room and hung out, the girls slowly fell asleep.

I helped Colby into my room so he could lay down. He needs to get rest so he won't be too hungover tomorrow.

I made him drink a bottle of water before bed, him complaining the whole time.

I changed into a pair of flannel pants and a hoodie in the bathroom while he laid on my bed.

"How come you don't have a boyfriend?" Colby asked whenever I walked in. I laughed a little bit while I looked at him.

I climb next to him while I plug my phone into the phone charger. "I don't know, I just haven't thought of it." I told him.

I could feel his stare on me again. "I just don't like most guys here." I tell him honestly.

He's not going to remember this conversation, so I don't know why I'm saying this shit.

I lay fully down and look over towards him. His blue eyes were brighter when he was drunk.

I think them being bloodshot made them brighter. It was hard to not notice his ocean eyes.

"Why's that?" He asked curiously. I thought about it for a minute. "I just think most aren't the romance type when I am." I tell him.

I could see him thinking about something. "What if I said I could be?" He asked causing me to laugh a little bit.

"Whatever you say." I laugh a little. I was honestly ready for bed. I could tell he was starting to fall asleep.

"I would be for you, Ren." He says as he falls asleep. After he said that, I was suddenly wide awake.

What did he mean by that? Did he mean anything by it or was he just incredibly drunk?

I don't wanna think about it too much and get my hopes up in case he doesn't feel anything for me.

He did say we were just friends to Sam. Man, was he super confusing. I barely got any sleep that night knowing my mind was racing.

Around seven, I figured I couldn't lay here any longer. I get up and look at the sleeping boy next to me.

He's probably going to be super hungover and he's not going to remember what he said last night.

I still don't know what to make of that. I go into the kitchen to see Maya making coffee.

She has an eight am so it makes sense why she's up. She notices I'm up and furrows her eyes towards me.

"What are you doing up?" She whispered. I looked to see the girls were still asleep.

"I couldn't sleep so I gave up trying." I tell her. She had made coffee so I poured myself a cup.

I leaned against the counter and started drinking the cup. "When did get Colby here?" She asked making conversation.

I sigh while thinking about it. "An hour after you went to bed. He was a mess." I tell him while thinking about last night.

"He was that drunk?" I nodded my head towards her question. "I can tell something is on your mind, what's wrong?" She asked me.

I debated on telling her. I had to get it out though, talk about it. I explain to her what Colby said to me as he was falling asleep.

When I got done, she thought about it for a second. "He's totally into you but hasn't admitted it to himself yet." She spoke.

I laughed a little bit while I looked at her. "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask confused.

"I mean what I said, Ren. He's into you but hasn't admitted to himself, which is why he called you friends and said what he did last night."

I think about her words, and it did make sense. I don't wanna get my hopes up about it though.

"And you're into him, and you haven't admitted it to yourself yet." I drop my jaw towards her and shake my head.

"This isn't about me, this is about him." I laugh a little bit. She just shrugs while she finishes her coffee.

"Whatever you say. I'll see you later." She grabs her stuff and leaves as I finish my coffee.

I was still exhausted but I know it was going to wake me up soon.

I went into my room so I could edit my recent vlog I made. I figured I could go ahead and get it done.

I worked on it for an hour before I heard Colby moving around. I look towards the boy to see him looking around.

I could tell he was confused a little bit. "How did I get here?" He rasped towards me. I'm not surprised he didn't remember.

"Jake called me and said you wanted to come over to see me." I tell him, turning over towards him.

I could tell he felt hungover, he was barely holding his eyes open. "I think I blacked out a little bit." He spoke.

He looked like he was trying to remember everything but couldn't. "Do you need anything? I can make breakfast." I tell him.

He started smiling a little bit. "Breakfast does sound good." He started stretching. I get up from the chair and start to head to the kitchen.

When I walked out to the kitchen, the girls were starting to wake up too. When they saw Colby walk out of my room, they started giggling.

He just rolled his eyes and came to sit on the stool for the island. "I don't wanna talk about how drunk I was last night." He told them both.

They both started gigging a little bit. "I'm sorry, you were just really funny last night." Kat defended herself.

"If only I remembered it." As they talked about last night and all that happened, I cooked everyone breakfast.

It was funny hearing the girls talk about last night. When I finished making the food, we all made our plates and started eating.

It was nice to sit there and talk to them about their Christmas plans.

When the girls get done eating, they pack their stuff up and leave. Colby asked if he could stay here until he felt better, which I agreed.

I didn't have big plans so I wasn't too upset. I gave him medicine and water so he could start feeling better.

He hung out at the house with me while I edited the video so I could publish it.

While I edited it, I realized something. If Colby wants to be something more, then I'll let him come to me.

I just don't want to ruin our friendship.