twenty

Someone was shoving me awake which pissed me off. My head was hurting from drinking for Colby's birthday party.

I slowly open my eyes to see it was Sam shaking me awake. I look at him confused and could feel Colby asleep next to me.

"What's wrong?" I rasp towards him. I looked at the time as I sat up to see it was nine in the morning.

"I think you and Colby might wanna see this." He flashed his phone towards me.

It took me a minute to realize what I was looking at. When I realized, my heart stopped.

I turned over to Colby and violently shook him awake knowing he's a deep sleeper.

When he woke up, he looked at both of us confused. I showed him Sam's phone to see him look at the picture of us kissing on the Ferris Wheel.

"Is this from yesterday?" I nodded my head towards him. "I guess a fan saw us and snapped the picture." I told him.

"Yeah, they're not saying great things." Sam told us worriedly. I look at the comments out of curiosity.

He's right, it's a lot of hate. Fans are saying that I shouldn't be with Colby. They say I'm using him to get more subscribers.

They're also saying things I shouldn't say. Usually, I don't let hate get to me this bad.

This is different though. I've never had people say these things to me. Tell me that I'm a whore and I should go die.

I mean, who says this kind of shit to someone just cause they're caught kissing your celebrity crush.

Who does that? "Ren, I think you need to stop reading it." Colby said sadly.

I didn't even realize he was sitting up. I didn't even realize I was crying a little bit until he wiped it from my eye.

"I just wanna know what I did." So much for keeping our talking stage under wraps.

Sam came over and joined us on the bed. He slowly came over and grabbed his phone from my hand.

"You didn't do anything, Ren." Sam assured me. It honestly made me feel like shit for how they're treating me.

I looked at Colby and I could tell he was thinking the same thing. "I wish they wouldn't do shit like this, I'm so sorry." Colby apologized.

I shook my head towards him. "You didn't tell them to treat me like this." I tell him. He shakes his head.

"I'm gonna say something on Twitter so hopefully it gets them to back off." He pats his bed for his phone and grabs it.

He starts typing on it as I just sit there, not knowing what to do. "How about this, we keep it lowkey today and have a movie day?" Sam asked.

"Just us three?" He shakes his head towards us. "We can have all the roommates join in if you want." I smiled at the idea.

I don't wanna go out into somewhere too public just in case we see hateful and mean fans.

"I think it sounds like fun." I tell him honestly. It'll be good to stay home and hide from everything.

Plus, I'm hungover so I won't be up for going out. My head was still pounding as I tried to think of everything.

"Don't let it get to you, okay? They don't know how great you are. We'll have a day here for distraction." Sam assured me.

Talking to Sam always helped, he's always a good person to talk to. "Thanks, Sam. I really appreciate it." He gives me a reassuring smile.

"I'll let everyone know the plan." He gets off the bed and walks away as I look at Colby.

He had just sent the tweet. To sum it up, he asked his fans to stop sending me hate since I don't deserve it.

"Should I say something?" I ask Colby worriedly. He shakes his head towards me. "Hopefully my tweet will slow it down." He told me.

I just sigh while I lay on my back. I hate how this happened. Why are people so rude?

I know Colby was beating himself up over it knowing his fans are super protective.

It was honestly a weird situation. That's just something that sadly comes with being in the spotlight.

People want to be up in your business. "I hope you know it's not your fault." I remind Colby.

He just frowns as he looks over towards me. "You just don't deserve that." He frowns again.

I grab my phone and go to the account that posted it. I started scrolling through the comments again, looking through them.

"Ren, you really shouldn't read them." He told me. I don't listen to him, I just continue scrolling.

I heard Colby mumble something before he leaned over and grabbed my phone.

I dropped my jaw as I turned over to him. "You heard what Sam said, this is a social media free day." He told me sternly.

"That means no phones so you can read through the comments." He did have a point so I let him keep it.

He told me we should go downstairs to see what everyone's doing. We could hear them talking in the living room so that's where we went.

Sam, Kat, Devyn, and Corey were sitting on the couch. When they turned to me, they all looked sad.

"Are you okay?" Devyn asked me sadly. I just shrugged while I went over to the couch.

I sat down and bring my knees to my chest, wrapping my arms around them.

"I'll be fine." I just shrug it off. I didn't really want to talk about all the hate I'm getting just cause I was caught kissing Colby.

They all said they were okay with having a movie day. They're all exhausted and hungover from the past couple of days of partying.

So that's exactly what we did. We laid on the couch of the traphouse and watched random movies.

It was nice spending the day with everyone, especially knowing they're all moving out soon.

This might be one of the last times we're all together. I don't wanna think like that but I couldn't help it.

I've grown so close and attached to the group, I would hate it if we all got split up.

They've all become special to me, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Sam and Kat left around noon to bring us back food. Then Corey and Devyn left for dinner, to also bring back food.

Colby and I were trying to lay low just in case. I loved having the group here for me knowing I was a little bit down.

Colby kept my phone for most of the day. He would only let me have it to message Maya back since she was worried.

I told her I'll be back tomorrow and she can have Owen over if she doesn't want to stay there alone.

Jake didn't join us for the movie date until lunch since that's when he got up.

Aaron sadly never joined us, he spent most of the day cooped up in his room.

He did come in to visit and apologized to me for what happened.

The next day, I went back to the townhouse so I could shower and do some laundry.

Colby didn't want to leave me alone since he was afraid I was going to read the comments and spiral.

I had so much to do, I wasn't going to be looking at comments. I had to shower, edit, and go shopping because we don't have food.

Once I had showered and my editing was done, I ran to Costco. I was hoping that I wouldn't see any fans.

I did get a few dirty looks by teenaged girls so I knew they were fans of Colby that didn't like me kissing Colby.

Even though, the fans are mentally draining, I still would want to be with Colby.

He still pulls me in.