twenty-two

Since the boys are gone, we're having a girls night. We thought it would be a good time to have one.

We were going bowling at an arcade. I think afterwards, we were going to hang out at the townhouse.

It'll be the first time that we go out and do something instead of hanging out and watching movies while drinking wine.

Maya was coming with us since she didn't have softball practice and I was honestly really excited.

We were currently getting ready since we had to leave soon. I was looking in my closet, trying to find something to wear.

I decided to wear black skinny jeans, a long sleeved black shirt, a gray t-shirt over it, and red high top converse.

It was simple but I liked it. I haven't really heard much from Colby the past couple of days.

I feel like something might've happened on the day he flew in and hasn't told me anything.

I spent a lot of yesterday overthinking that I might've done something. I just need to keep telling myself that he's busy in Florida.

Today, he's going to explore an abandoned school with two other youtubers he's filmed with before.

It was two brothers, Ricky and Nick Ireland. Once I was dressed and ready to go, I noticed he posted something on Instagram.

It was him in the Justin Bieber shirt. I couldn't help but laugh to myself a little bit knowing he's actually wearing it.

As I locked my phone, Maya was walking down the steps. "You ready?" She asked as I nodded my head.

We leave the house, making sure it's locked. We drove to the bowling alley, her looking out the window.

"How're you and Owen?" I question. She told me they're really good. It honestly makes me happy that she found a person that makes her happy.

We picked up the other three girls, I suggested it since it would be easier. I didn't care if I had to drop them off later.

When we get to the bowling alley, we all paid to bowl for two hours. We were originally thinking an hour, but it wouldn't be long enough.

We could only get maybe one game in if we did an hour. Once we all got our shoes and balls, we all put our names in the line up.

We're making Maya go first since she's the youngest and it aggravates her whenever we joke about it.

I was honestly excited about this girls day. I think I needed it so I wouldn't overthink about Colby ignoring me a little bit.

"Okay, Maya, you're up." Devyn said once we all had our shoes on. Maya gets up and grabs her ball.

She bowls, knocking every ball down but two. That was the thing about Maya.

She was always the athletic one. She was good at almost every sport she's played.

I honestly loved going to her softball games when she was in high school because I used to embarrass her.

I used to make big ass signs just to embarrass her. My parents loved it so they of course would join in.

Maya would act like she hated it but I knew she secretly loved it.

She made the spare so she came back over to us and sat down, it being my turn now.

We made it go from youngest to oldest for whatever reason. Bowling with them was honestly super fun.

It was nice getting my mind off of Colby ignoring me. I didn't want to say anything to the girls so I didn't bring it up.

I didn't want to make it into a big thing if he was just super busy. I feel like our bowling went by really fast.

We did play a couple games, Maya doing the best which doesn't surprise me.

After we bowled, we played some of the arcade games. We did a lot of ski ball and some virtual reality.

It was honestly really fun. After we left, we all decided to go get food at Chipotle.

We all ordered our food and sat down at a table. "I swear, I forgot how fun arcades are." Xepher hyped it up.

"Girl, me too." Kat agreed with her. Chipotle was honestly really good. Once done there, we all went to the Traphouse.

I was surprised when I saw Aaron hanging out with the boys. For a minute, I thought they were arguing about something.

But when I heard Corey's laughter echo throughout the house I know they weren't. We go into the room with the bar knowing that's where they were.

"What's going on in here?" Devyn asked while going over and sitting by her boyfriend.

"Jake's trying to argue with Aaron about if a hot dog is a sandwich." I'm not even surprised anymore.

Maya and I hang out with them for awhile. Sadly though, we had to leave. I had to edit a video while Maya has to get some school stuff together.

She starts back in a couple days so she has to get all her books, folders, papers, and notebooks together.

We said goodbye to everyone and headed out of the traphouse. We drive to the townhouse, which takes awhile cause of the traffic.

Once we're back at the house, I start editing the video. It took me a little bit to finish it, and once I did I checked my phone.

I realized I hadn't heard from Colby in a while. That's strange. Last I heard from him, he told me how they were about to film.

That was a couple hours ago too and usually their explorations don't take that long.

I know since I've been on a couple of them. I just shrug it off, hoping he's okay.

Before I do my face routine and lay down, I text Colby to text me whenever he gets a chance.

I lay down in my bed, watch a couple episodes of The Vampire Diaries, and eventually fall asleep.

It didn't last long though. I was woken up by a phone call. I quickly looked at the name to see my dad was calling me.

I was confused by the phone call, they usually never call me this late. It's midnight here, so it's three in the morning in New Hampshire.

I answer it and put it by my ear. "Hey, is everything okay?" I ask my dad.

I could hear light sniffles from his end. It causes me to sit up in bed. "It's mom, something happened." He told me.

My heart starts racing, not knowing what he was talking about. "What's going on?"

I could hear him inhale a deep breath. "I think it's just best if you come back home and I'll explain then." He tells me.

"I'll see when the next flight out there is." I make sure to tell him I love him before getting off the phone.

The closest airport I can fly to is Boston and it's at four in the morning. I text my dad the information as I get up.

I jog up the steps to wake up Maya. I go into her room to see her asleep. I shake her a little bit and it doesn't take her much.

She's looking at me confused a moment later. "What's wrong?" I guess she could see the worry on my face.

"Something is wrong with mom, dad just called me. We have to fly home in a few hours." I explain to her.

She can tell how serious it is by the tone of my voice. I also know how serious it is because if it wasn't, my dad wouldn't have called me.

It took us an hour to pack everything. My phone was getting blown up so I ended up turning it off.

Maya called an Uber for us once we were all packed and ready at four. We have a six hour flight to Boston.

We should be getting there around ten Los Angeles time, one pm Boston time. When the Uber gets here, we put our stuff in and climb in.

As we drive to the airport, Maya sends emails to her professors that there was a family emergency and she has to fly home.

I turned my phone on to see why my phone was blowing up. I couldn't believe what I was looking at.

Colby got arrested.

•end of book one•