nineteen

"Happy Birthday!" I yell while I jump onto Colby's bed. He jolted awake, looking at me confused. When he realized it was me, he softened up.

"Happy birthday, old man." I handed him a box of donuts so we can eat them. I got up early so I got them fresh.

He rolled his eyes while he grabbed the box. I could tell he was a little bit tired. We spent most of the day yesterday exhausted and hungover.

We're doing it all over again tonight for Colby's birthday so it was going to be rough.

Maya and Owen won't make it for this one since they have to go to a late night practice.

"I'm twenty-two, I'm not that old." He tried to tell me. I laughed a little bit as we each grabbed a donut to eat.

"What are your plans for today, birthday boy?" I ask him as he finishes his bite.

He thinks about it for a moment before speaking. "I don't think I have any other than the party." He tells me which makes me smile.

"Good, I am taking you out to the pier so so be ready around noon." It was currently eight in the morning.

He looks at me like I was crazy. "Wait, really?" He asked as I nodded my head. It was gonna be chilly but it didn't bother me.

"Yeah, it's on me so don't worry about anything." Anything he wanted, I was going to get him.

I just wanted his birthday to feel special since that's what he did for me on my birthday.

He's become one of my closest friends in the past couple of months, hell even my best friend.

He looked at me softly, like he didn't believe what I was saying. "You're the best, Ren." He looked like he meant it too.

When we finished the donuts, I made him open the gift I got him a couple days ago.

I gave him some new rings, a new necklace, and a new pair of AirPods since he lost his a week ago.

"Thank you so much, you didn't have to do that." I just shrug while I look at him. As we sat there, his door opened up.

Sam peaked his head in and a smile grew on his face. "Happy birthday, brother!" He strutted in which made me giggle a little bit.

I love their bromance. Colby showed Sam what I got him which made Sam high five me.

"Nice. If you come downstairs, there's a big surprise for you down there." He smiled and backed out.

Colby looked at me, mentally asking me if I had known anything and I just shrugged.

The both of us just shrug while we get out from the bed. I follow him downstairs to see what they had planned.

When we walked into the kitchen, they had a cake with candles lit on it. His roommates plus Kat all started singing happy birthday.

I couldn't help but join in with them. Colby had the biggest smile on his face. When we finished singing, he blew out the candles.

We all had a slice and it was honestly a really good cake. Colby opened up all his gifts from everyone and it was really nice seeing him so happy.

Around nine thirty, I left so I could change some clothes. I was going to pick Colby up at noon so he's getting ready.

When I get to the townhouse, I quickly change into Colby's XPLR merch, black skinny jeans, and a pair of black vans.

I left my hair natural and did light makeup. I wanted it to look more natural than anything.