32

It was easy enough to say that they should investigate the ruin, and harder to actually do so. Unfortunately, neither Gabriel nor Will got a good look as said ruin, and so it was hard to really redraw it. They had seen a small portion of it, when Magnus had redrawn it, but now trying to recall it it was much harder to do. Gabriel just sighed as Will snatched the paper from him and retreated to a smaller section of the library. They had been at this for a good...what maybe half an hour now, which was really quite annoying. Gabriel had thought that he would have no issue drawing the rune, but perhaps he should have been a tad more humble. He was having difficulty, and it would seem Will had finally had enough of his lingering.

He wanted to roll his eyes, but he didn't. Really the whole situation was just too much for him to deal with. There was so much happening, and so much had happened so far. Gabriel could not quite put his head around it. Jem clearly knew more than what he was letting on, that little glint in his eye told Gabriel that the sick shadowhunter had managed to figure something out, though what it was could leave them wondering and guessing for hours. Jem was not the most forthcoming person, even when it put himself in danger. Gabriel had heard enough arguments between Jem and his Parabatai over the course of the few days that he had been here already regarding such issues. In some things, he supposed even Jem could be stupid to some extent. Not that it comforted him all that much.

Either way he would simply accept what was inevitable. He doubted that anything to do with that Rune was good if that was how Magnus reacted to it, and he was unsure why they were just barely focusing on it, though he supposed that the hectic nature of having had two Shadowhunters suddenly invited to a downworlder party was likely what overshadowed that. He cursed himself as well, for not keeping sight of what was the actual point. They should have figured out this Rune business long ago, and had he stayed on track they would have. Instead he had allowed himself to be swayed and his thoughts to divert from the main important topic at hand, which was what the hell did that dark haired Alec boy use on the blonde.

Now that they were back on track, he thought he would feel better, but he did not. In fact a deep part of himself rebelled figuring out what Rune was actually used. Perhaps it was because of the pale and slightly panicked look on Magnus' face, and perhaps there was more to it. He was not sure. The Bane Warlock clearly had some worries, and though he was not one to get worried just because the people around him started to fret, seeing that look on a rather formidable Warlock was something different. Whatever that Rune was clearly was no good news, and he was not sure they should get involved with whatever was going on too deeply. Though he knew, the issues with Magmertom or whatever his name was had left the London Institute on tense waters even among themselves. He supposed that they were just trying to check their bases. Gabriel had a feeling, though he could not really explain why, that they were getting themselves stuck dealing with something that was far beyond what they should be. Sticking their noses in a place where they really should not be delving.

He would not do anything about it though, it was useless to try. Part of the reason why he did not particularly care for Charlotte as an Institute leader, she was far too impulsive. That being said, most Leaders were, and it irritated him to no end. There was not much to do with it but deal with it and it always left him annoyed and agitated. He had spent his life dealing with brash and arrogant people, though at the very least the London Leader was more the former than the latter, and he supposed he could at least be grateful for that, if nothing more.

"Here," Will cut out, slapping the paper down on the table, leaving him to jump slightly and give the other a glare. "This is about as close as we are going to get. Next time, do not say you can do something if you can't. All it does is cause us more problems in the end." Gabriel studiously ignored the reproach, and picked up the drawing. He had to admit, it was decent, he was surprised at just how good Will had managed to draw the Rune, but then again they were all decent drawers at the very least.

"I don't recognize this Rune," Gabriel said softly. Will rolled his eyes but Gabriel shook his head. "Just wait a moment please, let me ask Gideon, he may know more regarding this. As far as I know though, and I have studied all the Runes in the whole book, though I think it is always a good idea to at least double check." Will rolled his eyes, but did not say anything nor did he try to stop Gabriel as he stood up and abruptly left the room.

Rushing as fast as was ethically allowed through the halls, Gabriel sought out his brother, managing to find him in the training room. Or rather, he found him lingering on the edge of the Training room as his eyes were paying rapt attention to the two fighting in the center.

Gabriel could not help but have his own eyes drawn to the same place. The newcomers were the ones who were fighting together, or at least sparring. It looked more like a true fight between two Shadowhunters, neither was truly pulling back, and it was somewhat unnerving to watch.It seemed like both of them were actually trying to fight.

It almost made him want to intervene, but when he moved to do so he was grasped harshly by his elbow. Gideon shook his head slightly, and Gabriel sighed.