Chapter 5

♤ The Dark Triad is Born ♤

《《 ♤ 》》

Time skip ( 1yr later, Yuno 1, Fala 12, Zenon 17)

Zenon's Pov

Sometime late at night.

Vanica had pulled me aside to discuss something supposedly important with her and Dante.

As we walked I noticed that we were going down some of the lower levels of the castle, a place not many were allowed to go, unless you were a high-ranking mage.

On the way there Vanica decided to try making small talk with me.

"Zenon, did you ever notice that small dark aura growing around the little princess?" Arrogance could be heard in her voice.

"I have but I'm not worried about it, why do you ask?"

"Well, have you ever wondered where it came from?"

Realising that what she said was right, I thought about it more. Thinking back on when exactly it first appeared, it would have had to be when I came back from that mission.

It was extremely faint but it was there. Why had I never questioned it before? Was I too distracted by Allen's death to notice? Neglecting my role of protecting Fala?

"What exactly are you trying to say Vanica?"

"Hm? Oh well, it's possible that the little princess has a relic that has a relation to a devil, wouldn't you agree?"

Quickly stopping my strides, I hadn't even thought about Fala having any relation to a devil, let alone something to summon one.

I didn't even want to think about little crow holding something like that on her person but the possibility of her having one is high, especially with that dark aura around her continues to grow. But where would she have gotten it?

"Shouldn't we discuss this in more of a private manner, not out in the open?" I muttered

"We should but who are we kidding? No one ever comes down here but I also just wanted your opinion on this, I mean you are the closest with the brat right? She won't go anywhere near Dante or I, so I concluded that your best fit for answering my questions".

My eyes narrowed at her choice of words. *Tsk*'Hearing her call Fala a brat, annoys me greatly but Vanica you act more of a brat than little crow ever has'.

《《 ♤ 》》

Finally arriving at a door, I could feel Dante's mana on the other side.

'I don't know about this..., they've both been acting off, more than usual and I honestly don't like it'.

Entering, I find Dante reading at a small table big enough to hold 8 people.