Chapter 10

♧A Grimoire♧

《《 ♧ 》》

A/N I'll be doing a lot of referencing from the anime in this chapter, not feeling all that creative to write a lot of my own stuff

《《 ♧ 》》

March, when the firefly dandelions fluff starts to dance through the air.

Once a year, all around the Clover Kingdom, it's the time when every 15-year-olds are gathered, and an awarding ceremony is held, where they receive their own grimoires.

Grimoires, that enhance their potential and magical power.

《《 ♧ 》》

"Amazing! There are so many grimoires." Fala gasped, gaping at the sight of so many grimoires inside the Grimoire Tower. "I wonder which one will be mine?"

Anastasia and Rain both glance at the noirette girl as she looks amazed at the sight in front of her. It was an important event in Fala's life and both were sure not to miss it for the world.  Fala turning back around to face them both and gives them a warm smile, melting any worries in their hearts.

"Hey, look over there." She hears someone on her left. "Isn't that Lady Blackstone? But who's that kid with her?" That person spoke out loud on purpose.

"Haven't you heard the rumours? That's the orphan she took in." Another spoke.

"The one that killed their family?"

"Really?! I heard a rumour she was cursed as a child and that's what killed her family" another onlooker piped in, having heard the two nobles talking.

"Yes, that's what I heard too. You don't think they'd give a murderer a grimoire do you?"

"Hopefully not! You don't think they're actually planning on taking the Magic Knights' entrance exams, too?"

"Only nobles born with immense magical power or ties to the royal family ever get in. I doubt an orphan could" They chuckle like it's some sort of joke shared between all of them.