Chapter 15

♧ First Mission ♧

《《 ♧ 》》

~ A Few Days Later~

"Hmm, so this is Rayaka Village?" Morgen hummed thoughtfully, glancing around in observation.

Rayaka Village is a village way out in the forsaken realm of the Clover kingdom close to the border that separates them and Spade. The village had requested the aid of the magic knights to rid the village of what they assumed were bandits, who had been terrorising them and stealing their supplies and food. It was Morgen and her job to identify the culprit and if possible to restrain and capture them.

Fala could only sigh from the journey from the base to the forsaken realm.

She could see why they needed their help, their village was a mess, there were houses with holes in their roofs and she could see a little further out on the crops that they grew were half burnt and had smoke coming off them. A sign that this only happened possibly a few hours before their arrival.

"Fala, let's go and meet with the chief, he should be expecting us" She hummed at his words and followed him to what she assumed to be the chief house.

'Hmm,' Morgen hummed in thought and observed his juniors' behaviour. He noted how she seemed a little tense and quiet, possibly due to this being her first mission.

He had learned over the past few days he had spent with her and the others, that she wouldn't normally speak unless someone spoke to her directly, she wouldn't speak about herself and only answered in short answers, not giving them much to go off on.

Although he was happy he was in charge of supervising his new junior with the others, he even told his brother about her but it was proving difficult if his junior was keeping all of them at arm's length away. He was never one to push things but he was curious why Fala would act in such a way, was she hurt by someone before? Had she never had a friend before and didn't know how to act around them? She also seemed tense and would often flinch sometimes, especially if someone raised their voice or moved their arms around quickly. This was something that concerned him greatly, did Fala come from a bad home? Did someone do something horrible to her? These were some of the many questions he had in his mind.

"We're here," Morgen announced once they arrived in front of the village's chief house, knocking on the door. Fala had observed the village as they walked through it, it was concerning how quiet it was.

"Oh! You must be the magic knights!" Cheered a middle-aged man, smiling in relief upon seeing them, and welcoming them in. A middle-aged blond-haired woman was by his side to greet them and poured some tea for them.