Chapter 9

♧Stranger In The Woods ♧

《《 ♧ 》》

Fala's Pov

I was finally 15, and with that, I would receive my Clover grimoire. I could only imagine how it would look, what details would be engraved upon its cover, and would it be vibrant in colour? Or would it take in a soft look? I couldn't wait for the day to arrive, even more so to join the magic knights, the magic knights are the Clovers equivalent to Spades Mage Defense Force.

I've heard that they have 'Squads' while Spade had "Divisions', it took Ana and Rain a while to help me to understand everything that was different in Clover. I honestly was overly confused, especially with their ruler, Ana says he's a spoiled twat and that he needs a good slap up the side of his head. But they do have a position called a 'Wizard King', the position entitles them to be the strongest in their Kingdom, honestly if that's the case why aren't they the ones ruling the Kingdom?

Anyway even though I had joy at the thought of my grimoire, my excitement was placed elsewhere, Ana was allowing me to leave the estate! I was over the moon to leave and explore the wide forest that surrounded us, don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all the care and love Ana has shown me but I wish to explore and see things outside these high walls without a servant hovering over my shoulder to worry about. I wish to have a moment of my own time without someone standing 5 feet away. Maybe I could even make a friend for once...

Ana knew of my desire to leave and explore the surrounding area but insisted I stay hidden away from the prying eyes and ears of the nosy people who lived in the village not far from here, I understood her reasons, there were already so many rumours spreading around the village about me and I wouldn't doubt that they've spread even further to other villages.

Most say I was orphaned and that House Blackstone took pity on me, others say I killed my own family and House Blackstone is hiding me away from the magic knights. Of course, they were all ridiculous tales woven in lies for their own entertainment, none ever really wanting to know the truth about me. Though it's not like they'll ever know the truth.

I couldn't be more grateful for the kindness and understanding of everyone that rested in the Blackstone estate, all of them keeping my secret of who I was and where I came from. 

《《 ♧ 》》

3rd Person POV

The moment Fala was allowed out of the estate she took off and started to explore the nearby forest. Amazed at the different wildlife and plants, she was quick to start practising her magic, Sun and Moon magic, in all four kingdoms it's never been heard of for someone to have two attributes but Fala was proof that it was possible, the large amount of mana in her body was obvious that her magic would be strong, though hard to control she handled it well. But that doesn't explain the situation poor Fala had found herself in.