Chapter 12

♧ Becoming A Magic Knight ♧

《《 ♧ 》》

"We will now begin the Magic Knights Entrance Exam," Julius announced. "We will now have you all take several tests. The seven of us will evaluate your performance, and then we will select the individuals we would like to add to our squads. If chosen, you will join that squad."

Fala's grip on the broom tightened while her frown deepened, her nerves getting the better of her.

"If you're chosen by more than one squad, you may choose the squad you would like to join. However, those who are not chosen by any Captain are not qualified to join the Magic Knights." He explains.

 "For the first exam, we will have you get on those brooms and fly." Upon those words, worried murmurs could be heard all around as many have never experienced flying before.

"Mages who can control their magical powers should be able to do this instinctively." A demonstration was shown by the other Grey Deer member who swiftly rode on top of the broom. "It is the most basic way for mages to travel. If you cannot fly on a broom, then you shouldn't have come."

"All right, begin."

Upon the announcement, Fala stared at her broom and took a breath as she let her magic flow through the broom. She could feel her mana being absorbed into the broom, having had practice flying back at the estate and on the way to the capital. Taking a seat over the side of the broom with her legs crossed, rather than standing on it, not wanting to appear cocking in her display of power compared to the candidates.

Instantly the broom floated into the air making a small smile appear on her face. Enjoying the small breeze hitting her, even feeling her hair softly move with the breeze. Rising higher than the rest to feel the breeze even more.

Unknown to her, some of the captains and co. were in awe as they watched her display of control.

'Such control'

'What an astonishing candidate'

'Huh? Is that Fala?!'

'Who is that?'

'A-ah, I feel like taking a dump'

-Magical Ability Exam-

A large block of concrete was created into a wall for each candidate, which they must use their magic to destroy, which will show their ability of control in their power.

Sighing, Fala focused on the small but powerful fire that engulfed her right hand and with a swipe of her wrist, she released it, flying directly to the centre of the block, destroying it into pieces.