Chapter 17

♧ The Star Festive Part 1 ♧

《《 ♧ 》》

Fala's POV

Conrad begins his speech, starting with the purpose of the Star awarding as a form of recognition for the magic knights who continuously work hard to protect the Clover Kingdom.

Congratulating all magic knights for their hard work in protecting the Clover kingdom, recognising them for their courageous acts in keeping the Clover citizens safe.

All the captains stood below him on the stage, all wearing smiles seemingly happy with their respective squad's results.

"Well, let's bein' announcing the ranking!" Conrad lifts his hand in front of him, making a glow of white appear. Dark scribbles were written and showed the top of the Magic Knights squad for this year. "In first place, the Grey Deer! They have a total of 132 stars! That's a huge jump from their record of 98 last year!"

I smiled as the crowd cheered and screamed praises for our squad, already imagining how proud Ma and Pa would be if they were here. Morgen placed a hand on my shoulder, drawing my attention to him. He smiled, Yami stood on his other side and smirked in my direction and William squeezed my arm in comfort.

I knew what each action met, they were proud. Proud of how far I have come from my first mission to now. How much I had grown as a person, sure it had only been six months but those six months had changed me. I could tell, and so could they.

'I'm so happy I made such amazing friends' I thought, smiling in return at them.

"̷̩̔̆̾͑ș̶̡̗̭͐̊̃t̵͉̹̫̪͇̝̞͊͗̍̂̋a̷͇̱̙̐̓͛͌̀͠ȳ̵͉̪̱̫̌̀͘ ̷͕͗̿c̵̘̓̀̆͛̊̅͠a̸̧̫̳͐̇͝ù̸͚̩͈t̵̬͗͋͂̔̈̚i̴̗͉͙̳͕̻̦͓͗̈́o̵̖̦͓͙͗ṳ̶̪̒̏̄̅̀̚s̶̛͙̬͍̈͗̉̓̃̓͝,̴̰̀̆̈́̈̀̀̈́͠ ̸͕̬̬̫̗̽͗̌͒̃̕b̵͍͍̰͈̝̉̿̂̅̄̈́ͅè̸̲̻͕̪͓ ̸̛̛̺̬̼̣̳̂̈́͊͘͜ċ̷̗̟̉̕à̸̛̩̮̠̼̲̉̌̏̋̄͜͠ṛ̴̨̲̩͉̗͚̀̏̆̑͜e̸̯̯͍̐͋͋̈́͝͠f̴̧͍͚̰̦͚̿̂͋ȕ̷͕̬̉̔̂̍ĺ̷̢͚̳̀̽,̴̡͓͓̯̔͋ ̸̢̨̛͕̪̮̤̣̜́̀̉͛d̸̢̫͇̥͇̩̫̀̿̕ͅa̸̧̫̟͇̪̽̓̚͝ͅŗ̷̨̺̯͇̖̟͓̇̈́͒k̵͍̃̌͗̈̇n̶̺͇͇̗͔̫̊̈́̈́͗̋̐͆̕e̷̘͂̑̈́̄s̴͖͚͉̣̎̌̾̽̊͂͝s̵̢̘̍̐̃̽̓̉̃̏ ̴̳̝̓̉͝i̸̡̲͇͖̣͚̔͂̊͒n̸̤̤̻͋͂ ̷͕̠̿̒́͘e̸͕̗̲̦̥̓͌̊̐̾̽̆̊v̵̥͈̯̲̬͈̬̓͐̒̓̊͜͝͠e̸̢͉̮͓̻̖͛̾͋̔̓͜͜͝r̷͓̖̿́́̄͑ẙ̴̨̨͚̙̲̝̈́͛̋̋ ̷̟̞͙̯̭̺̠̓͐̀͘̕̚c̴̟̥͈̠̜̝͆͂̀͠o̶̻̻̊̄̉r̷̠̺̞̅͗̄̎͒͝ņ̸͔͇̬̤̿̉͋͘̚͜ͅe̸̢̳̲̹͕̭̅̂̇̓̐̽̋ŕ̶̻̿̽̌́̽"̴̡̙̜̟͍̖̥͇̓

I went rigid.

I felt a knot form in my throat and stomach.