Chapter 8

♧My Little Star♧

《《♧》》

Anastasia Pov

It became evident as days passed that Yuno hadn't made it to the estate, I could only assume he had met the same fate as his parents or he was hopefully stashed away somewhere safe, I could only hope the latter of the two was true.

It was extremely hard for me to explain this to Fala. It broke my heart to see her tear-stained face again. It took hours just to calm her down. Later, she locked herself in the room I had gifted her.

It was obvious she would grieve the loss of her brother for a long time, but as weeks turned to months, time had passed so quickly. Over those weeks and months, Fala would only sit outside on the steps of the estate, from dawn to dusk, waiting for her brother. Never giving up hope that he'd one day find his way to the estate.

I, of course, tried to give her as much space as she needed, not wanting to come off as overbearing, but I could only worry for her health as the months passed by.

But as the months continued to pass, one day she just stopped waiting on the steps, I could only assume she had given up but I was wrong, she had come and asked me if I could train her. Train her properly to harness her magic and control it.

Fala told me that she couldn't just sit back and wait for things to change on their own. She had to be the one to make the change, to be the one to fix everything. To get Spade back.

I was speechless at her words, but I was all for supporting her, not wanting to stop her growth, I trained her the best I could. Even asking close friends -after asking them to keep silent about Fala- and some maids and other servants to help her, I wanted her to understand that there were different types of magic, ranging from different levels as well and learning from different people would teach her that.

I was well aware of her difficulties in controlling her magic, she always had high levels of magic, after all, she's a child loved by mana, I could sense that she was, it's such a rare thing but not impossible.

But as she grew, so did her control. It was outstanding, even without a grimoire. She was powerful, and you could have already called her a prodigy of a sort. And with the devil's dark aura around her, it would be a clear sign not to mess with her, the possibility of people thinking she was cursed was there but only those sensitive to mana would ever know the truth.

I had helped her to control the devil's aura. She even asked me where the aura had come from, but I couldn't tell her. She had previously told me she felt a sense of safety and warmth from it. If I had told her, it would have broken her heart even more, and I couldn't have that.