ONE

PLEASE READ WARNINGS IN DESCRIPTION BEFORE READING!

As a teenager the hardest things we go through aren't seen as important as we're just kids. It's only important when you start acting out or when you try and end it all. That's when they get angry and say you're a coward or looking for attention or trying to make them feel bad. At least that's what it's like for me, I've been spiralling for years and no one has snapped me out of it other than my brother Sam.

My legs dangled from the roof of the abandoned building I sat on. Wind flew through my hair as the cigarette I had in my hand died out slowly. I took one last puff before putting it out beside me.

"What are you doing?" I heard behind me.

"Holy shit!" My heart skipped a beat as I turned around to see Sam, "Fucking hell Sam!" I laughed.

"You alright?" He said slowly, walking towards me.

"Don't worry I'm not trying to jump!" I joked.

"That's not funny!" He sat next to me.

"It's a little funny!" I smirked, looking at him.

"So what are you doing?" He asked taking a cigarette out my open bag.

"Smoking what does it look like?" I replied like he was stupid, I passed him the lighter and he lit it.

"So uh since the summer has started and it's my last one in Kansas...wanna join me and my friends when we film videos?" He suggested as he blew out smoke.

"Which friends now?" I took the cigarette out his hand and took some.

"The usual, Colby, Corey and Jake! Maybe Elton every now and then!" He shrugged taking the cig back.

"Yeah sure...what are we gonna be doing?" I agreed.

"Whatever we want! But there's a party tonight!" He nodded, standing up and dropping the end of the cig.

"Where?" He helped me up.

"Colby's!" We started to walk, "Oh and by the way I have someone I want you to meet when we get home! But you can't tell mom and dad! They don't know yet! And they aren't home!"

•••

We were sat at home for a while when there was a knock at the door.

"Be nice! She's really important to me!" He stood up and walked to the door.

"She huh?" I teased.

"Yes! She!" He mocked me.

He opened the door where there was a girl with pink and black split dye hair. She had a black tight dress on and heels, I'm guessing she was going to that party.

"Keira...I want you to meet my girlfriend Kat!" Sam introduced me.

I stood up and walked over, "Hey Kat!" I smiled.

"Hey!" She replied sweetly.

"We're gonna go upstairs! Get ready for the party Keira!" He called as he walked upstairs with her.

"Ok! But if I hear something from your room I'm gonna off myself!" I joked.

"Stop joking about that!" He called angrily.

"Not my fault you're still scared!" I giggled, walking to the kitchen.

I sat down at the island and pulled out my phone. I started to scroll through Instagram where I saw a lot of models who had skinny waists and slim faces. That feeling came again, it filled me head with thoughts.

"Why can't I look like that?" I thought to myself, taking a breath.

"Hey you alright?" I heard Kat in the doorway, I looked at her and put on a smile.

"Yeah! Thanks!" My hand on my thigh clenched.

"Ok! You seemed a bit...you know!" She went to the sink and poured a drink into two glasses.

"Yeah I'm fine!" I placed my phone face down and watched her, she was perfect as well, "So how long have you and Sam been dating? He probably told me but I don't really listen!"

She left out a laugh and leaned on the opposite side of the island.

"A few months!" She responded.

"I know he's talked about you...a lot to me but again I don't listen much! I think he really likes you Kat!" He reassured her.

"He talks about you a lot too...he cares more about you than anyone else! Kind of scary actually!" She half joked, I could see she was just a little bit serious.

Her saying this caused me to smile, "You're nice! Nicer than his other girlfriend's he's brought home!"

"Thanks!" She seemed very happy by this, which in return made me smile a little more.

"Kat! The film is about to start!" Sam called from upstairs.

"Ok! Coming!" She replied, "Are you coming to the party in a bit?"

"Yeah! You?"

"Yeah! I'll see you there!" She walked off and went upstairs.

————————————————————————

I know this chapter is short but there's more coming! Hope you enjoy!