TWENTY ONE

Making big decisions are hard. But not when you're hungover and eager to get away from your home.

I woke up in a bed, everyone was kind of scattered around the bed and on the floor. I was beside Colby against a pillow, who was next to Sam who was next to Kat. Tara was led at the end with her head next to Jake's who was on the floor. Corey was also on the floor but ok the other side with Devyn on his lap. Everyone asleep and fully clothed before any of you get any ideas.

"Fucksake..." I groaned, my head pounding.

I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. There was mascara and eyeliner down my face, my lipstick was smudged. My hair was a mess and my top was twisted which felt incredibly uncomfortable. Also my shoes were still Ona bad my tights were sticking to me, I hated mornings like this.

"Kill me now..." I rolled my eyes and threw my head back before leaving the bathroom.

I went into the bedroom and saw Colby sitting up slowly. My phone was buzzing on the night stand which was incredibly low on battery.

"It's Zach..." Colby groaned, picking up my phone and passing it to me.

"Great..." I took the phone and answered, "Yo Zach!"

Hey...you hungover? He laughed.

"How do you know?" I groaned, lying back on the bed with the phone against my ear.

I saw the livestream! He sniggered.

"Fuck...what did I do?"

Started yelling in Spanish! He teased.

"Shit...what did I say?" I sat up quickly.

You called the police pigs, cunts and dickheads and then yelled at Corey's girlfriend...she yelled back but didn't understand what you were saying...

"What did I say to her?" I dragged my hand down my face.

I don't even know...at that point it wasn't even a language! You were just slurring! He was laughing so hard.

"Fucksake..." I rolled over as Colby held me in his arms.

Well I'm gonna leave you with that! Enjoy! Love ya!

"Bye love you too!" I said before he hung up.

"Said what you did?" Colby laughed, kissing my forehead.

"Do you remember?" I groaned.

"No...all of us were blackout drunk!" He said as I looked up at him.

"Great..." I buried my face in his chest.

"Gross guys!" Sam grunted, sitting up.

"When did you wake up?" Colby asked, holding his arms around me.

"Just now..." He pushed his hair out the way.

"I'm gonna kill myself now..." I joked, standing up, feeling the sickness in my stomach.

"Stop joking about that shit!" Sam exclaimed as I ran into the bathroom.

I closed the door and kneeled over the toilet as I started to throw up. The door immediately swung open, I looked up and saw Colby. He kneeled beside me and pulled my hair back as it started to come up again.

"You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm just throwing up into a toilet!" I said sarcastically as I sat back against the wall to face him.

I instantly got memories form when we were sat in the arcade stall after I threw up then.

"You know when you threw up in the stall...and we were sat like this?" Colby started, trying to distract me.

"Yeah?" I said softly.

"I know it sounds cheesy and all but that's when I realised how much I loved you..." He locked eyes with me.

"You loved me before we were dating?" A small smile started to creep up on my face as he looked away.

"Yeah...I mean I liked you for ages...I didn't really realise it until that party but I would watch you come into your house while I was there with Sam...or you would come up to Sam while we were in school and couldn't help but notice how much you didn't care what other people thought of you..." He didn't look at me at all until the end.

"Colby..." I whispered, not knowing how to reply. I had a bad feeling but I didn't know why.

"I love you Keira..." He locked eyes with me once again.

"Whats going on Colby?" I sat up straighter and noticed the long sleeves in 75° weather.

"Nothing" This didn't convince me at all.

"You can talk to me if something is going on..." I reached over and held his hand.

"Nothing is going on...I promise!" He shrugged his shoulders.

There is...this is how I acted before my attempt.

"Guys! Breakfast is here!" Corey called.

"Yeah ok!" Colby replied.

We stood up and went downstairs, everyone was crowded around the kitchen island with pancakes from IHOP.

"Hey guys!" Corey passed us a portion each.

"Hey..." I rubbed my eye with my hand.

"Right so guys...I have a suggestion..." He started.

We all started to listen.

"So you guys know my parents have moved out..." He looked around the room, "I was thinking we all just move in here! There's so many bedrooms, enough for all of us! No one has to share rooms if they don't want to! And I know Keira and Jake are going back to school in a week so this might seem like a long shot..." He suggested.

We were all shocked, I liked the idea. Any way to get away from my parents arguing all the time I'll take.

"I'm in!" I shrugged.

"Really?" Corey smiled.

"Fuck yeah! Any reason to get out my house I'm in for! I'm gonna drop my senior year anyways..." I sat on the counter so the island wasn't so crowded.

"Fuck it!" Colby smiled.

"Yeah why not!" Sam glanced at me.

"You only live once right?" Jake laughed.

"Why not!" Devyn went to Corey and he wrapped his arm around her.

"Yeah!" Tara added.

"Kat? What about you?" Sam looked at her, she seemed so under pressure.

"You don't need to answer now! Or do it at all..." Corey said.

"Fuck it!" She slapped her thigh.

"So we all in?" I glanced around the room.

"I guess so!" Corey laughed.

We all smiled at each other, excited for what's gonna come up in our lives.

I started this summer with one friend and barley holding on. I've finished it with a group of friends, a boyfriend, healed scars and a new home. I can't wait to see what's to come.