EIGHTEEN

I've always been bad at meeting parents. They have never really liked me which is understandable since I'm who I am and most people in this neighbourhood come from good families.

"Colby who's this?" His mom said nervously.

"This is Keira...my girlfriend!" Colby came over and wrapped his arm around me.

"Hi it's nice to meet you!" I smiled.

"Yeah!" She raised her eyebrows, she definitely knew who I was.

"Darling be nice! Hi Keira it's nice to meet you!" His dad shook my hand.

"You too Mr Brock!" I smiled through the anxiety.

"Oh please! Call me Robert!" He said with a welcoming smile.

"You can call me Mrs Brock!" His mom said coldly.

I nodded and looked at Colby, his hickey was incredibly visible, my hair covered mine.

"Keira is gonna stay the night!" Colby smiled.

"Ok..." His mom couldn't stop glaring at me.

"Are you sure? Don't you think you and your parents should catch up?" I whispered to him.

"I'd rather stick all ten of my fingers in a mousetrap..." He whispered back.

"Ok! Colby get the air mattress out...I don't want you having any pregnancies at eighteen!" His dad pointed at us both.

"Dad she's seventeen...I'm not gonna get her pregnant don't you worry..." Colby said awkwardly.

"You make me sound a lot younger than you!" I giggled.

"And we have a thing tomorrow so we're gonna be busy!" Colby started to walk upstairs.

"Together?!" His mom exclaimed.

"Yep!" He took me upstairs before they could say anything else.

We went to his room and I led down on his black sheets. His room was like a dungeon, it was kinda scary.

"Sorry about my mom...she's a bit...you know!" He led down next to me.

"I don't think she likes me very much..." I sighed.

"It's not that..." He held my hand.

"Colby!" His mom called from the hallway, "I need help getting this mattress!"

She walked in and signalled him out

"Mom she's slept over before...while you weren't here!" Colby stood up and walked out, closing the door behind him.

"I don't care! I don't want you getting some seventeen year old junkie pregnant!" She said behind the closed door.

My heart dropped, "Mom!" Colby yelled.

"I'm sorry love but you have to think about the long run! Are you really gonna want to be with this girl in the future? You know if you have kids they will probably get the problems she has!" It was muffled but I could still hear it.

"And what problems is that?"

"Colby, honey she's been in therapy, rehab, even a camp for troubled teens a few summers ago!" How did she know about that?!

"I didn't know that but even so...she's trying her hardest mom! And I love her! Like actually love her!" As he said this a small smile spread in my cheeks.

"You're too young for love! Get married and see what love is like! Now come on! Get that mattress out!" I could hear them grab something as they talked.