FOURTEEN

(Outfit for this chapter ^)

Of course when things are going well I start to spiral again. Life sucks, I'd do anything to be a little kid again but then again it wasn't great then with all the social workers I had.

-A week later- (Sorry for all the time skips)

"SERIOUSLY?!" I heard my mom yell downstairs.

My parents argue a lot, ever since I was younger they have had at least one argument a day whether is quiet comments between each other or yelling. It's a miracle they're still together.

"WHAT NOW?!"

I started to tune it out but nothing worked, it was just yelling back and forth. I scrolled through my phone when Sam walked in.

"Hey..." He closed the door.

"What are they arguing about now?!" I sighed, sitting up.

"I don't know..." He sat next to me.

"Wanna get leave and get high?" I asked.

"Fuck it let's go!" He smiled.

I grabbed my bag full of my usual things, weed rolls, lighter, flask of alcohol and a vape. He opened my window and climbed down, I threw my bag down to him and he caught it. I got down and we started to run. We went to the abandoned building and sat on the roof.

"So what you got in there?" He asked, sitting down on the ledge.

"Weed and alcohol but I wouldn't advise doing both at the same time!" I took out a roll and the lighter.

I lit the end and took a puff before passing it to Sam. We went back and forth while talking until the whole thing was smoked.

"I wish they would just get a divorce you know?" He sighed, looking at the few.

"Yeah..." I bit my lip.

"Hey Keira..." He looked at me.

"Yeah Sam?"

"Why did you get into this shit?" He shrugged.

"I don't know Sam...I just did..."

"But you must've had a reason? I mean you were thirteen..."

"I didn't fit in anywhere...I was too popular for the loner kids and too much of a loner for the popular kids...but the stoners...I met Zach and he started smoking weed with the group and I did it with them...nothing too dramatic!" I explained.

"You could've joined with us...I don't wanna watch you go downhill again..."

"I don't fit in with your friends either Sam..." I shook my head.

"What? Yes you do!"

"No...I don't! I'm not even sure that Colby actually likes me half the time..."

"He does...he really does Keira! I've never seen him like this with anyone...it sucks that it has to be with my little sister but what can I do?" He shrugged his shoulders.

I looked at the ground, was I ready to be in a relationship? I'm too fucked up, I'll just grab Colby down with me.

"You sure you like him back?"

"I don't think he should like me Sam..." I sighed.

"Why not?" His looked softened on me, now you could see that his eyes really were bloodshot.

"I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship at all...and it's not about Colby...he's amazing...I just...you know what wrong with me!"

"There's nothing wrong with you?" He laughed a little.