T w e n t y - o n e

"Henry no!" The blonde one practically screeched.

"Henry don't do it!" A man's deep voice pleaded.

"Dad? I thought you were dead!" Henry's voice cracked.

Peter got more desperate, "Henry remember, all heroes are put to a test. This is your test. You can't let them stop you"

"I won't. Mercy needs me, you need me, the island needs me, every tine needs me to do this." Henry was determined. Mercy got the hint and started to cough again.

Peter rushed over and placed a hand on her shoulder, a look of fake concern passing over his features.

"Please Henry. For Mercy, for your family, if you don't do this they will die." Peter whispered.

"I know. Which is why I'm doing it!" He plunged his hand into Peter's chest, placing the heart where it needed to be. A blast of green energy knocked everyone over-with the exception of Peter and Mercy-rendering Henry unconscious.

Peter grabbed Mercy and flew them out of one of the eye holes, rushing them back to camp.

No one was there. They were still in position.

Knowing the heroes would attack, they couldn't risk the lives of everyone, so most of them were hiding in the unknown location of Mercy's camp.

Alex, Mighty, Artemis, Devin, Felix, and Gloria were the only ones ready for a fight against the heroes, so they were positioned outside of the camp, hidden of course. Alex and Felix both had a kind of cloak on them, so they could stand right in front of the doors.

"Peter" Mercy started to cough, not faking it either.

"Mercy?" His eyes shot wide in terror. "Mercy! Mercy wake up!"

"Poison" Mercy rasped, before going limp and her breathing growing weaker. After years, Mercy was the one to find something that could injure and possible kill a hybrid.

Footsteps.

Footsteps were the first thing Mercy heard when she was dragged from the peaceful darkness of her empty mind. She opened her eyes, the light burning her irises. She groaned and shut her eyes again.

The footsteps stopped, then rushed to her side, "Mercy?" A tired and weak voice rasped. She knew it but she couldn't place it. She tried opening her eyes again, only to close them instantly. She got enough of a look to place the voice. A pair of concerned forest green eyes. Peter.

"Peter?" Mercy's voice was barely audible, not being used in a while. But how long? "Peter how long was I gone?"

Tears shone in his eyes, slightly filling the color, "A month. Mercy you've been unconscious, barely breathing for a month!"

"Oh my-Peter what happened to me!" Mercy flung her eyes open, not caring about the headache it caused. She forced herself out of the cot, wobbling in her legs. That's when the noticed the long gash running down her thigh to her knee. Black seeped underneath it, "Dreamshade" she whispered, falling to her knees in defeat, but still refusing to cry.

Peter nodded slowly and sank down next to her, she leaned against him and shook with nonexistent sobs.

"Are you okay?" Mercy asked. Peter scoffed.

"Why are you asking me? Your the one with the poisoning!"

She coward slightly, pulling away from his warmth and attempting to stand again, "Fine. I guess your fine. I'm going to check on my girls, and no one is stopping me from doing so. If you even try I will have you tied to your thinking tree for an entire month."