Part 2- The Gilberts

TW: some adult language
Mercy was angry at first, being sent away from the people she cared about for her safety. She got over it when she met the people she would be staying with until her family came back to get her.

"You're, Mercy, right?" A brunette asked Mercy once she opened the door.

"Yeah." She replied, attempting to keep her cool and show she took no bullshit.

"Great. Marcel told me you would be staying here for a while, come on inside. I'm Elena Gilbert," Elena said with a warm smile.

Her fist mistake, Mercy thought to herself, never invite someone in your house without knowing if they're a vampire or not.

"Thanks," she tried to return her previous excitement and failed miserably. Mercy mentally slapped herself for that mistake of her own.

She walked inside without being stopped and looked around. Mercy saw a boy who had the same color hair as Elena and assumed he was her brother. Another woman, who looked nothing like either of them, stepped out from behind the stairs.

She tensed and placed myself between the mystery woman and Elena. Mercy had only just met this girl and already felt the need to protect her.

"Mercy," Elena said calmly, stepping out from behind her, "It's ok, she's my aunt Jenna. You can put down the flames."

Mercy looked at her with confusion and then looked at her hands, sure enough there was fire-dancing in green orange red-that she didn't remember calling forward.

"Hehe, sorry Jenna." Mercy said, snuffing out the fire.

"It's ok you didn't know who I was," Jenna smiled and showed Mercy where she would be staying.

"Sorry again, Jenna. I don't remember calling the flames, I'll try to be more careful in the future," Mercy said, settling into her bedroom.

Jenna smiled, "get some rest. You're going to school tomorrow," with that heartbreaking news, Jenna walked out of Mercy's room, leaving her there wondering why she had to go to school.