Haerin x M!Reader: The Villain

Warnings: Mentions of death

Haerin's POV

"In breaking news, after protecting Seoul for years, the superhero codenamed: Bronze Swan has been killed by the Villain known as the Reaper. This is the villain who has made a name from himself recently, eliminating 5 veteran superheroes in the last half a year. The Squadron has yet to make a comment on this event. We here at Seoul News Station, send out our respects and prayers for the great fallen hero and anyone affected."
I grumbled as I listened to the newscaster go on, detailing what the Reaper had been doing the past few months. They were ingrates. Just before the Reaper came along, they were complaining about these heroes not being as active anymore, branding them as selfish for not fighting as much anymore. Then that villain comes along, and now they act like they always loved them. Hypocrites.

I walked over to my closet, a retina scanner keeping my suit secret. I heard from my sources on the streets that the Reaper was last seen at a warehouse near the downtown region. The heroes he killed were my idols... Before I got my powers, Bronze Swan once saved me from being run over by a getaway car, and the Reaper snuffed her out just like that. What kind of monster can have that little regard for human life, not only to take a life, but to take the lives of people who have done almost nothing but good their entire life.

I grabbed my suit, suiting up in my armor, with a special helmet that honed my precognitive powers, boots that helped with my leaping abilities, gloves that had tasers for incapacitation, and if all else failed, my mirror gun. My Australian in the chair, as she calls herself, gave it to me for containing threats for a predetermined time, or keeping civilians safe in a potentially catastrophic big fight, where the people that the gun hit would be trapped in a pocket dimension for a set amount of time. The pocket dimension was a mirror of ours, hence the name, and those inside the dimension would be invisible and intangible to anyone not in the mirror dimension. This maneuver was risky though, as a downside of the weapon was that the person who shot the gun would be sent into that dimension too. As I took the gun, I silently set the dial

{6 Months}

If all else fails, at least the world would be free from that monster for half a year.

I sighed, taking a deep breath before leaping out of my window, running across the rooftops of the nearby buildings. Today is the day the Reaper goes down.

I perched on a nearby building, surveying the warehouses. I squinted my eyes as I saw, "Warehouse 4". That's where my contact told me he was.
I leaped over to the ceiling, lightly tapping the ceiling of the warehouse. Reinforced Titanium, it's different from the materials used for the warehouses normally. This is it.

I cracked open the door, stealthily entering the warehouse, as I saw a hooded silhouette, his trademark weapon lying to the side as he watched television. As I snuck up on him, I heard him say out loud, "No need to sneak in hero, I'm open for business." He turned around as he grabbed his scythe, looking at me.
"Welcome, Wildcat? I believe that's your name. It's shocking that you would find me this quickly, your career as a hero just began, but if you'd like it to end so quickly, who am I to judge." Why was he taunting me already.

"You're going down Reaper!" I said, crouching into a pouncing position. "Wait, you know I can do it without-" He said out before I lunged at him, with him dodging. Was he shocked? Did he really think he could launch an attack on Superheroes and not be pursued? Maybe the Squadron don't care, but I do. I let out a flurry of attacks, but even with my precognitive powers and fighting prowess, his skill, aided by the length covered by his scythe, allowed him an iron clad defense, not a single one of my attacks being able to tag him.
'Time to change things up.' I thought to myself, before starting to adopt a more acrobatic fighting style, not dissimilar to parkour and modified hapkido. Jumping around and over him, I slowly disoriented him, as he slowly stumbled, with one of my punches tagging him in the stomach, his armor protecting from my taser.
"That's enough!" He shouted out, slamming his scythe on the ground as I was sent flying backwards by a black wave.
As he slowly walked towards me, I slowly regained my bearings.
'His defense is too ironclad, and with his powers, it's only a matter of time before he incapacitates me. It's time...'
I slowly reached behind me, grabbing the mirror gun, ready to blast him with it.
"Listen wildcat, we can-" He said, walking towards me to deliver what I assume was going to be some generic villain monologue.
I quickly raised the gun, blasting him in the stomach, as we both felt ourselves get transported to the mirror dimension.