Haerin x Reader: Take a Break

A/N: This is alot shorter than my normal works. Didn't really have time to develop a plot or anything, but I just needed to write this out to make myself feel a little better.
Was a little hesitant on releasing this, but I thought, if anyone of my beloved readers is going through a stressful situation right now, like I am, every little bit helps. I hope this fic helps.

"Haerin-unnie, when are you going to get back? I've never seen it so bad." Haerin heard Hyein's slightly worried voice through her phone, sighing as she shook her head.
"I'll be there in a little bit." Haerin replied, hastening her stride as she went to the dorm.
Knocking on the door of the dorm, Haerin taps her foot slightly impatiently, before seeing Hyein's head peeking out of the door.
"Y/N, your wife's here!" Hyein shouted as she let Haerin in, Haerin rolling her eyes but smiling at what Hyein had said.
Haerin was slightly taken aback by the sight she was faced with. Your hair was a mess, notes sprawled all across the table, eye bags heavier than anvils, all the while your eyes seemed to not need to blink.
"Babe, how long have you been studying for?" Haerin asked, concerned by the sight she was presented with.
"Oh, hey Babe!" You replied, seemingly going through a mental pause, not replying to Haerin's question.
"Babe, did you hear me?" Haerin walking over to you, putting her hand on your shoulder
"Oh yeah sure, we can go out soon!" You answered, clearly aloof as you looked through your notes again.

"I didn't know it was this bad..." Haerin said as she sat next to Hyein on her bed.
"Yeh, Y/N's been really stressed out by the national exams coming up soon. Never seen them like this before. It's kinda creepy." Hyein commented, a look of slight apprehension on her face as she recalled walking in on Y/N singing the element song. While Sleeping. 
"It really hasn't been this bad before...Why didn't they tell me?" 
"They don't want to be a burden to you...you know the way they are about these situations..." Hyein said with a sigh.
"I have an idea." Haerin said, Hyein looking at her with curiosity

No matter how much you wanted to study with no breaks, nature had its callings, and eventually, you had to leave your work station to answer nature's calling.
When you got back however, to your dismay, you saw your computer turned off, and your notes gone.
"Oh, hey Babe, when did you get here!" You exclaimed in surprise, before trying to look for your notes
Haerin's jaw dropped, this was...bad.
"I gave your notes to Hyein, who's under strict orders to not come back for the next 5 hours." Haerin said, causing your head to jerk towards her.
"Why?" You asked, voice raising slightly, head tilting to the side
"You need a break Y/N, just for a few hours." Haerin pleaded, but you turned away, going to try to turn your computer on
"I've put your computer under several layers of locks. I know you'll be able to crack it, but it's going to take you give or take 5 hours. So here are your options. 1. You spend the next 5 hours to try and crack my encryption, or 2. You use the 5 hours to rest and relax with your loving girlfriend, after which, the password to the security will be provided for you." Haerin explained, before patting the empty space beside her.
Weighing your options, you eventually gave in, walking over to her, then resting your head on her shoulder.
"I brought you your favourites, and I thought we could watch a movie while you rest." Haerin whispered, prompting a nod from you as you pulled the containers from the bag Haerin had brought over, Haerin always knew what you needed.
So that was how the next two hours went, your mental stress slowly being alleviated by the presence of your girlfriend as she pampered and spoon-fed you.
As the credits rolled, you felt Haerin's arm tighten around you.
"Do you wanna tell me about what's gotten into you?" Haerin asked as she gently stroked your hair
"It's just usual exam stuff Babe." You tried to lie to Haerin, albeit rather unconvincingly, as Haerin shot you a look
"Let's try again, and this time, mean it."
With a sigh, you lowered your head.
"My grades have been on the decline for so long now, you know this. At first it was still acceptable, but now it's getting bad. If I don't put 200% into this, how can I go and look my parents in the eye. Look you in the eye." Your voice lowered as your shame began to overcome you.
Wordlessly, Haerin turned you towards her, giving you a reassuring look as she took your hand in hers, setting your hand on your chest. Maybe this was some special technique Haerin knew, or maybe Haerin was just magic, but it worked, as you slowly felt yourself calm down.
Haerin then pulled you into a tight hug, whispering words that you really needed to hear.
"It's going to be okay. You can do this"
You felt some moistness in your eyes, but you quickly wiped it away, then pulling her into you, resting your head on her chest.
"Thank you Rin." You whispered, Haerin nodding as she held you tight, whispering sweet nothings to you

Sometimes, it's alright to take a break. To take a moment from the hectic world and spend time with the ones you love.