Karina x Reader: A Star Wars Story

(Star Wars AU, post order 66. Also, not everything I wrote is according to canon, things were changed)

A/N: This is me just indulging in writing star wars and lightsaber fights lmao

19 BBY(Non star wars fans, this means Before Battle of Yavin. Think of it as BC. Important because years come in later)

On the planet of Naevis, the stars twinkled brightly, but one shone through the night sky, falling to the ground. An escape pod, a girl cowering in the corner as she clutched her lightsaber close to her chest.

Karina was excited. She was looking forward to heading back to Coruscant for her trials to become a Jedi Knight, a rite of passage she was honoured to go through. Walking to the deck of the Venator Class Star Destroyer, she was accompanied by her Master, who had been guiding her in the ways of the force and being a Jedi, and behind them was Commander Tyras, in charge of the 29th Battalion.
"General Bae, the Fleet is ready to jump into hyperspace." Tyras said, standing at attention next to Karina's master
"For the last time Tyras, Joohyun or Irene is fine. Also, once we jump into hyperspace and reach Coruscant, tell the guys drinks are on me, they've worked hard." Irene said with a smile, patting Tyras on the back, who chuckled.
"Alright General Irene, I'm sure the boys would love to hear that." Tyras said, before walking to the operator as Irene rolled her eyes, smiling as she bumped Tyras playfully
From the side, Karina chuckled, observing the interaction. Her master was well known amongst the clones for being compassionate and caring, not only that, but was close with and cared for all her troopers, arguably as close as General Skywalker and the 501st.

Suddenly, a weird shift occured in the room, as Karina and her Master recoiled, both sensing something wrong in the force, Karina's master turning to her with a confused look, as Commander Tyras pulled out a comm pad.

"The time is now Commander Tyras. Execute Order 66."

The mechanical whirrs of rifles began priming around the two Jedi, both feeling a shift in the force, the light being snuffed out. Turning around, Irene noticed Tyras with his rifle to her, looking in confusion, before raising her lightsaber, deflecting the blaster bolt away, as she force pushed Tyras into the wall, knocking him out, dispatching the operator as well, before rushing to shut the blast doors.

"That door won't hold." She mumbled to herself, as she turned to Karina, still confused at what had just happened.
"What's going on Master?" Karina asked, Irene shaking her head, pain searing through her head as the force alerted her to the fates of her Jedi comrades across the Galaxy.
"I am unsure, Karina, but the clones have turned their backs on us, and I sense this is not an isolated incident. We must leave. We need to get to safe ground, and I'll reestablish communications with the Jedi Council. Come." Irene said, gesturing to Karina as they both ignited their lightsabers, taking a deep breath. The men they were about to kill were friends, once upon at least.
As the blast doors open, blue and green lightsabers ignited as Irene and Karina fought through the star destroyer, their time fighting in the clone wars long preparing them for such a confrontation.
As they finally reached the escape pods, the two of them saw 40 troopers waiting for them, overwhelming them as they were forced into a corner. What's worse was what Irene saw when she tried to catch her breath.
"They've shot the fuel exhaust. The ship's going to explode... they're willing to kill themselves just to get us!" Irene exclaimed, before calming down. Turning the corner, she let out a strong force push, the clone troopers recoiling as the two charged to the escape pod. Karina readied the escape pod as Irene fended off the troopers
"It's ready master!" Karina shouted out, Irene turning to join her in the pod, before reeling over, a blaster bolt to her back.
"Master!" Karina shouted, deflecting another bolt to the troopers, but seeing hundreds of troopers closing in on them.
"Go Karina, go to Naevis, there's a Jedi acquaintance there, find them, then stay safe. Go! I'll hold them off for you to escape" Irene shouted, Karina shaking her head.
"No master, I won't leave you behind!" Karina shouted out, not looking back as she stood her ground, blaster bolt after blaster bolt bouncing off her emerald blade.
"Go, Karina. May the Force be with you." With the force, Irene sent Karina flying into the escape pod, locking it and sending it off, before Irene turned, Karina forced to watch as Irene fought off as many troopers as she could, eventually dropping to the ground.
"Master!" Karina shouted out helplessly, watching as her master's lifeless corpse collapsed, the escape pod accelerating away as the star destroyer exploded, the explosion catapulting Karina toward Naevis.