Hanni x Reader: Like you wouldn't believe

Staring blankly at the heart locket in her hand, Hanni fidgeted a little, pressing the little button, the clasp unlocking with a click
You was always so beautiful, She could get lost in your eyes forever. Oh, if only she could.

It was 3 years ago, she still remembers clinging onto your shoulder, nagging you about the journey
"Did you take your pills?" She questioned, rummaging around your bag as you chuckled,  reaching to the front pocket of your bag
"Would you just calm down darling, even if I don't take these pills, I still won't forget you. I could never forget you, my love." You turned to her, ruffling her hair. She puffed her cheeks up, as you chuckled, squeezing her cheeks and laughing.
"I've got to go now darling, but I'll text you once I get a signal again, okay? I love you" You whispered into her ear, as she nodded, giggling as she felt your light breath on her neck, before mumbling a soft "I love you too"
"Link up?" She took her locket, pulling it up as you chuckled, pulling your half of the locket, merging it to form a heart.
"Stay safe!" She shouted out, hugging you before you left. If she knew what would happen, she would have hugged you just a little longer. Hugged you forever.

Resting on her couch, the news flickered on her television, shattering her heart.
"A ship has gone down near the Pacific Sea, and while some were able to make it to the life boats, there are a number of passengers who have been missing."
Rushing to her computer, She found the list of passengers who were missing and were unable to make it on the lifeboats, her heart sinking.
L/N Y/N

Seeing feet shuffle from the corner of her eye, Minji looked at the locket in my hand, a look of sadness and pity on her face, before she took her seat next to Hanni, buckling up as the air steward reminded her of the turbulence.
In an obvious bid to get her mind off the locket, Minji pulled out a file of documents, setting it on her collapsible table
Inside the file was the information about a songwriter Hybe wanted them to meet, the song writer being in charge of their next song and wanted to meet the girls to better understand how the song writing should be approached
Sighing, She pushed the documents away, having read it beforehand, her eyeline finding itself back on the locket, and the person inside it. Even now, her heart still yearns for you.

After dealing with the normal dose of paparazzi, the 5 girls found themselves in the back of the company chartered van, speculating on the mysterious person they were supposed to meet. This person's work had received critical acclaim from many artistes, and NewJeans were the first Korean GG to be able to partner up with them
"Hopefully he or she isn't some eccentric billionaire type." Minji chuckled as the 5 girls descended from the van, the others lightly chuckling before they were let into the studio.
The 5 entered a room with papers scattered everywhere, and in the middle of the room, a figure sat, spinning in the chair to face the girls
"Hi, NewJeans, it's a pleasure to meet you." The figure got up, bowing and greeting the girls.
While three of the girls bowed, two of them stood in shock
Unable to contain herself, Hanni charged at the figure, throwing them into a tearful embrace.
"Y/N! Where have you been!" Hanni shouted as you stood, stunned before Hanni was forcibly removed from Y/N
"Miss, just because you're an idol doesn't mean you get to touch whoever you want!" She shouted, before turning to you
"Are you okay baby?"
"I'm fine Jen"
Recoiling, Hanni looked in confusion
"Y/N, don't you remember me?" She questioned, her heart slowly breaking once again
"Who are you?" Y/N asked, slightly breathless from the shock
Feeling short of breath, Hanni grabbed her chest, her hand finding the locket which had what seemed like the last thing that was of her Y/N.
"Wait, that!" Jennifer exclaimed, reaching into a drawer at the table, pulling out the other side of the locket, Hanni's eyes flaring open.
"That's it! That's the other side of the locket, see!" Hanni ran up, connecting the 2 sides together, unclasping the lockets, expecting to see the joined photo that she and Y/N had split up for the locket. Instead, where there was supposed to be her picture, a picture of the girl Y/N was with instead.
That same girl approached Hanni, looking at her with a look of understanding now.
"You knew Y/N before the incident?" She asked, Hanni nodding as Minji ran up to comfort her.
She then lead Minji and Hanni out into the empty hallway, as she introduced herself as Jennifer, or Yunjin if they preferred her Korean name, then explained what happened.