Yunjin x Reader: Set Go

(A/N: I only played volleyball when I was young, and in the younger parts, we didn't have many positions and rules, so if I get some parts wrong, do excuse me. And fun fact, the game event was based on something I actually did)

"Don't mess up." Yunjin murmured to you as you rolled your eyes, walking up to the huddle with your teammates. You played the setter position, the conductor of the offense. Chaewon played the Libero and was the captain of the team, Kazuha played the Outside hitter, Eunchae played the Opposite hitter, Sakura was your team's defensive specialist, and your middle blocker was Huh Yunjin, who forced herself into a rivalry with yourself due to her position you now usurped, and thus had been hostile to you since you joined the team.
"You're one to talk" You shot back, quieting down only as Chaewon shot the both of you a glare.

The game began, a fierce competition ensued as your team took the first set, the opponents taking the second and third set, your team clawing back the fourth set, and now, the deciding fifth set hung in the balance, as the score was 24-23 with you at the service line. You knew what winning this game would mean to the team, this was the strongest opponent in your bracket, with the top 2 out of 5 teams making it to the quarter finals. Winning this game would give your team momentum to get better seeding. You took a deep breath, this serve could win the game. You began your serving ritual, 5 bounces and 2 aims, the rebound of the ball echoing in your head. Three steps forward, you launched the ball over, the beautiful arc over the net, but a whistle interrupted your serve.
"Number 29, Foot Fault." The referee announced, as the score flipped to 24-24. 
You hung your head in anguish, as Sakura patted you on the back, prompting you to get back on defence. You still needed one point to win the game, and for what you messed up on service, you could make up for on offense.
As if the world was flipping you off, the serve came speeding at you, the angle weird as you tried your best to receive it, but the receive was awkward, flying out of the court, and despite Chaewon's best efforts, the shot couldn't be saved.
You looked dejectedly to the scoreboard, as it flipped to 24-25, advantage.
Shaking your head, you readied yourself for the next serve, as this one flew to Sakura, who received it, sending it cascading to you, a beautiful receive that you set up, Kazuha bringing the hammer down, but the opposing Libero received it, the opponent setter making a great set for the outside hitter, as you jumped, both hands outstretched to block the spike, a successful interception as it careened to Eunchae, who sent it back to you, prime for a drop shot, but you missed it, instead setting it to Eunchae who was caught off guard, unable to elevate for the spike in time, the ball crashing onto the cold hard ground.
24-26

Back in the locker room, the 6 were silent, even Eunchae wasn't talking, all still disappointed at the result, and you, your head hung low as you knew you were the catalyst of the defeat.
Turning your head, you saw Yunjin with a sour look on her face, as you tried to reach over, tapping her shoulder but she saw it, quickly glaring at you then storming out of the locker room, Chaewon following behind, worried for the American
A chime alerted you to a post on the school newspaper, headlines stabbing you like a dagger

"A MELTDOWN! NEW SETTER Y/N CHOKES THE GAME AWAY!"

Sighing, you ran out of the locker, heading back to the school lockers

"Yunjin, what was that? I get that the game was lost but that isn't a good reason to ignore Y/N. It was a hard fought game!" Chaewon chided, as Yunjin crossed her arms, a little guilty
"I've seen how you look at Y/N, Yunjin. The normal way. I know how you feel about Y/N. How you actually feel." Chaewon advised, as Yunjin nodded, walking out of the room as she passed the training room, hearing squeaks on the court. Sighing, she knew who it was, peering in as she saw you launching service after service, tears staining your face.
Walking up to you, Yunjin grabbed the ball from you, pulling you to the side.
"What do you want Yunjin." You said monotonously, a tone that broke Yunjin's heart, as she had become accustomed to hearing your cheerful tone
"You know it was only one game right? Our team can still make it to the next round, dumbass." Yunjin chided, lightly grabbing your hand as she noticed your thumb slightly swollen.
"You were right Yunjin. I messed it all up. I'm a burden to the team. All I had to do was make the serve, or receive the ball, and we would have won, but I failed." You said as you gritted your teeth, heading back to the court
Yunjin stared at you for a short while, before dragging you to the setter's position.
You looked at her confused, but Yunjin doesn't explain, simply practicing game states, as you practiced along side her for the next hour
"You see, you're playing well. You just need to have faith in yourself. You can do this, Y/N, the tournament isn't over yet, but we need you in the game." Yunjin said, walking over to you as she tossed you a towel.
"It's kind of on me too, I should have been teaching you how to play the setter position better."
Bringing you back to the position of your mistake earlier, she explained, "When Eunchae got the ball to you just now, there was no one on you, and the ball was close to the net, a drop shot could have worked. Remember, you're the person making the split second decisions on the court, you have to recognise these opportunities." Yunjin began demonstrating, as you stared at her, smiling a little
"Do I have something on my face?" Yunjin asked, confused at the staring
"Y'know, when you're not being an asshole to me, you're pretty cute." You said, chuckling as Yunjin turned crimson red
"Flirt." Yunjin muttered under her breath, turning to hide her face as you giggled. Something always seemed off with her.
Sucks to lose a game, but at least you gained something else, a friend, for now at least. A blushing, part time mean, full time beautiful, friend. Hopefully more than friends soon. But we'll see, won't we