Chaewon x Reader: In every universe

Sequel to The Girl who I once loved(technically, you'll see)
The phrasing is a little weird in the story, so here's a basic rundown. The story is told in the perspective of the reader/writer, but the "you" in the story is you as the main character

Time. Space. Reality. It's more than a linear path. It's a prism, of endless possibility, where a single choice can branch out into infinite realities. Creating alternate worlds, from the one you know. I am Xin, the Watcher. I have seen all that has ever happened, all that will ever happen.

We've seen this before, stories in a singular universe, of love, of strife and of loss. But never before, has there been a story so constant in every single universe. And this one. This one breaks my heart.

"Where are we?" You asked in confusion, looking around in the white void as Chaewon cowered behind you

A humanoid looking being emerged, looking down upon you and Chaewon.
"Greetings, Y/N. Chaewon. I am Xin. The Watcher. I am the spectator of the Multiverse, and not supposed to interfere with the course of events."

Looking up skeptically, you questioned, "Multiverse? Like in the movies?"

With a wave of a hand, a crack appeared, a crack into another universe

"Earth Prime, the universe you're familiar with, where Kim Chaewon is a former member of Iz*one and current leader of Le Sserafim, and Y/N is the producer and caregiver for Le Sserafim. Earth Prime is the designation of your Earth."

Looking up at the celestial being before you, you held Chaewon's hand in yours, nervously looking around.

"Why did you bring us here, Xin? If you don't interfere, why are we here?" You asked, Chaewon's hand shivering as you covered it with your own.

"I'm here to try and spare you pain."

Turning around, Xin waved a hand, another crack appearing.
"Behold. Earth 398."

Earth 398

The Princess Kim Chaewon waited in her palace nervously. Outside her palace, she heard rumblings and screams, her hands clammy. Elsewhere, in the King's palace, he was getting ready to command his army, but not before talking to you.
"Y/N. I know of your relations with my daughter, no matter your efforts to hide it for the last 2 years, so I entrust her safety to you. Bring her some place safe to hide out till this war is over. Her safety is in your hands now." The king decreed, as you bowed, bolting to the armoury.
Now armed with your sword, as well as a bow and arrows, you ran to your girlfriend's room.
"Y/N? What's going on?" Chaewon asked, looking at you as you rushed to pack her belongings.
"Your father has tasked me with bringing you away from the palace to keep you safe. Let's go!" You informed her, as you grabbed her by the arm, running to the back of the palace, getting on your horse before riding

The two of you had managed to leave the castle without much problems. The king had prepared safe houses away from the palace, which is where the two of you ran to. When there, you let Chaewon rest, trying to keep watch to ensure no enemies were coming, and hoping there would be any soldiers from your kingdom, coming to inform you of the invader's defeat. The coast stayed clear for 2 days, then suddenly, you saw around 200 soldiers marching towards the safe house. Panicked, you ran to Chaewon, waking her up.
"Chae, wake up! Listen, the enemies are here. Leave through the tunnels, and I'll stall as long as I can for you to escape. I'll see you at the other end alright!" You said, as Chaewon still blurry from her sleep, jolted up, nodding worriedly, throwing you into an embrace, sharing a kiss with you, before running.
Taking a deep sigh, you armed yourself. You were a great combatant. That's how you were promoted to Chaewon's personal bodyguard. But no matter how skilled you were, you couldn't take them all. After a hard fight, you fell to the ground, your quiver empty, sword broken, arm bloodied. Forced into a kneeling position, you faced the commander of the soldiers.
"You've failed, you asshole. The princess is long gone by now!" You shouted out, as the commander smirked. With a wave of his right hand, he called a soldier over, who held Chaewon with her hands behind her back. She exclaimed in shock at your condition, as you angrily tried to charge up, but was held down by two soldiers.
"You don't know how many soldiers I had to torture to find out about this safe house. But after sometime, one finally broke. He even told me about the tunnels." The commander taunted
"Now that the king is dead, the princess is going to be married to my lord, to legitimise his rule. Men, throw this cretin in the cells. He might prove useful in keeping the princess docile." The commander said once again, as Chaewon fell back in shock. Her father was dead?
As you tried to fight back, Chaewon saw an opportunity. As the soldier holding her lost focus, she turned around, grabbing the sword from his sheath, turning to stab the soldier with it. The soldier was well trained however, he easily disarmed her, stabbing her through the stomach.
"Chae!" You shouted, as the two men holding you were shocked at the death of the princess, loosening their hold on you as you jumped at Chaewon, desperately holding her hand and her face.
"You fool!" The commander shouted in anger, taking his sword out and stabbing the soldier who stabbed Chaewon. "She was the only princess! Our lord can't legitimise his rule anymore!"
On the ground, you held Chaewon's hand in yours, crying as she looked at you, trying to force a small smile to calm you down.
"Well, I guess if she's dead, we don't have to keep you around anymore." The commander took his still blood stained sword, running it through your back and out through your chest.
Twitching from the pain, you collapsed next to Chaewon, as she exerted the last of her strength, crawling to you as she rested her head on your now unmoving shoulder.
"I love you, Y/N. I'll see you in the afterlife." She hoarsely whispered, as the two of you died, holding each other