Minji x Reader: Game on

A request by @ShaShaSha029 

A work I made in between breaks for exam preparation, hope you guys enjoy :)

2016

"Oh my god, Y/N, get to the lane now, you're throwing my ranked game" She teased as you rolled your eyes
"I'm coming, I'm coming, watch me carry your 2-4-1 ass." You shot back, earning a swift smack to the neck
"You got lucky, but thanks for the save bro." She said, a smug smile on your face as you finished the team wipe.
"Some would argue I deserve a kiss for that." You proposed, leaning in close as she smirked, leaving a light kiss on your cheek.
"Of course my love."

Current day

Sweat dripped from your brow, your thumbs twitching. This was make or break time

From the side, you could faintly hear the commentators.

"Can Ursa do it? This is the final push made by CK, and with Ursa's Miya at half health and K's Alice with both her Winter Truncheon and Petrify on cooldown, it's going to be a tough fight against a full team of 5. And OH! It's in! Alice has popped her ultimate, initiating the team fight.She gets controlled by Franco but what's this? Ursa activated her inspire and OH CK IS COLLAPSING, TRIPLE KILL, MANI-, OH SAVAGE, URSA HAS DONE IT!" The commentator screamed as you breathed a sigh of relief, your mage was down but you had managed to get the enemy team, securing the win as you ran to finish the base.
"And just like that, ZG has won the 2022 MLBB tournament! MVP of course goes to the captain of ZG, Ursa! Using a relatively off-meta character like Miya all season, enemies have grown to regret underestimating Ursa, now let's go over to the podium to have a chat with the MVP!"

At the podium, you were all smiles as the interviewer asked the routine questions.
"So, Y/N. How do you feel about the win?"
"The team is ecstatic. We've worked our whole season to this, and to see our efforts be rewarded is great."
"There has been rumors of you retiring soon, not uncommon for someone of your age in the esports industry, comment?"
"No comment."
"There's been talks about you collaborating with MLBB for an ad? Care to comment on that?"
"Yes, and I'm really excited about it. That's all I can really say for now, ML please don't fire me." You jokingly pleaded to the camera, as the reporters chuckled at your reaction
"Before I let you go, anyone thing you would like to say?"
"I just wanted to thank everyone who has supported me through my entire career, including a very special person who has been with me all this while." You said to the camera, smiling as the reporters clambered, excited for new gossip.

Meanwhile, at the dorm of NewJeans

"Where are th-, Minji Unnie!" Hyein shouted out, frantically pushing around the kitchen cabinets, pulling her leader out of her thoughts.
"Where are the cup noodles" Hyein shouted, as Minji scurried over, opening the packet for her.
"Still watching that competition?" Hyein commented as Minji held her phone away defensively, before turning away and looking at her screen longingly.
"Stop teasing her Hyein-ah, you know she loves that game. She even got us into it. Haerin loves that furry too." Hanni commented as Haerin pounced on Hanni
"Her name is Joy!" She grumbled, as Hanni rolled her eyes.
"Just remember to help me the next time I get ganked in the middle lane, Pharsa is so squishy." Hanni complained, Danielle chuckling.
"Oh, Minji Unnie, Management told me to inform you, you have a brand advertisement soon!" Danielle told Minji, as she looked over, slightly confused.
"Yeh, Moonton heard that you enjoyed the game so they want you to represent them for an advertisement."
'Wait, An ad for Mobile Legends?'
"Did they say who I'd be doing it with?"
"Yeh, that Esports pro you like so much, Y/N."