Danielle x Reader: Lightning and Thunder

Danielle was sunshine incarnate, the constant bright speck in an otherwise colourless world. So one would wonder, does Danielle harbour hate in her heart? Is that heart so pure and full of light like one would assume? Turns out, no, as she just revealed in an interview, she hated Thunder. But a cursory observation would avail you to the knowledge that she wasn't afraid of Thunder. So why does Danielle Marsh, Little Miss Sunshine, hate something like Thunder?

You always hated Thunder. The flash and snap and crackle and boom, it scared the life out of you. Made you go white. If it got bad enough, you'd have to hide, the panic and fear bubbling in you.
That's why Danielle Marsh hated Thunder. She hated how Thunder made you feel, the fear she felt for you whenever a lightning bolt struck.

That's how the two of you met too. Danielle was strolling across the school corridor, her attempts to enjoy a nice walk in the school courtyard thwarted by the rain, the dew crashing on the ground in a deafening tune. As she skipped and hummed a tune played on her phone, she noticed a figure shivering under the table. Parts curious and Parts Worried, Danielle entered the room, seeing a bundled up figure, shaking and flinching whenever a flash of lightning shone through the sky, precipitating the thunder. Witnessing your guttural reaction to thunder, Danielle knew what was going on, quickly removing her earphones and placing it in your ears, making you now privy to her presence, looking up in awe at Danielle, the light shining behind her, an angel incarnate, sent from the heavens to save you. She offered you her hand with a smile that shone so bright that it lit up the dark room, a hand which you gratefully took, all the while left mesmerised, paralysed even, under her gaze. A short and curt introduction from you was quashed by the overwhelming enthusiasm and passion Danielle had in just her introduction.

Something about Danielle was magnetic, you couldn't explain it. You found yourself attracted to the Angel who saved you, Gamaliel protecting you from the attacks of Barbiel.
Maybe it was the way she got you to open up, adopting the poor introverted kid and showing you around, introducing you to all her friends.
Maybe it was the way she had the ability to make you happy just with her presence. Or maybe it was the way she'd jump in her seat when Lightning flashed, quickly turning to you and cupping your ears, holding you to help you stay calm.
Your heart grew attached to the Aussie, like a lost puppy following a master, you grew famous amongst Danielle's friends as the +1 to Danielle, seeing one without the other was a statistical improbability. Though you wanted to tell her everything, how you felt about her, but you thought to yourself, this was how Danielle treats everyone, isn't it? Of course it wasn't, Danielle liked you ages ago. She wanted to confess, but curiously, her panache for human conversation seemed to slip through her fingers when she tried to approach the subject with you. It vexed her. Frustrated her that the skill that helped her through her life so far, failed her at this critical moment, when she needed it's help the most. She eventually mustered the courage to do it, sharing a nice ice cream with you as she did. It's a memory she still cherishes.

The two of you found yourselves laying on your bed, exhausted after one of Danielle's manic playing spree.
"Do you think I'm shy?" Danielle suddenly asked, causing your head to swing toward hers, a look of curiosity and slight exasperation. Danielle Marsh? Shy?
"Oh yeh Dani, I think you're super shy." You sarcastically quipped, Danielle chuckling at the intonations you would make when you mocked someone, a light push to your shoulder as she giggled.
"It's like, I don't know, sometimes I want to say something and I just get nervous and I don't say it and it gets really frustrating because I want you to know that I like you but like I can't get to the point and I-" Danielle rambled on, the last few words catching your attention as you couldn't process what she had just said.
"You want me to know what?" You tried to clarify, filled with disbelief that you had heard right.
Now realising what she had said, Danielle grew red, turning away from you as she tried to find a way to weasel her way out of it, but there didn't seem to be a way.
"I like you." Danielle quickly said again, before hiding her face in her hands, terrified about the repercussions she would have to endure should this go wrong.
Just as you were about to reply, a ground shattering strike of thunder struck, Danielle's hands flying upward toward your ears covering them, trying to shield you from the noise, holding your face toward her, locking eyes with you to reassure you she was there.
In the moment, you were unable to control yourself, and following the confession from Danielle, you crashed your lips into hers, shocking her as she let her hands off your ear. But in that moment, that magical moment, the thunder held no power over you, it's grasp on you loosening as you fell into Danielle's embrace, Danielle still in shock over your sudden action.
"Does that mean the feeling is mutual?" Danielle asked as you chuckled
"What do you think?"