Show Me Going

a/n: this is based off of an episode from S5, however, we are still in the S2 timeline :D (also not yet proof read, so i apologise if there are any errors. my cat is slumped over my arm as she's sleeping so i've lost all feeling from the elbow down.)

"Okay, before we get going, Sergeant Jeffords has suggested that it would improve morale if we started the morning briefings with some consensual non-work jabber."

"I just said it might be nice if you checked in on the squad's personal lives every now and then." 

"Exactly, jabber. Scully, go."

"Well, it was just a regular morning for me. Woke up again with my dog's butt on my mouth."

Valerie shared a grimace with Amy situated beside her.

Holt stared at Scully for a silent moment, "This experiment has failed. Back to work talk. Peralta, I have a case for you."

"Uh, that's a no-can-do, sir."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh. Sorry. I didn't mean to come across like a rabble rouser. We're just simply unavail'. We have a meeting at a new multi-agency, multi-state task force."

Charles was quick to chime in, "It's a double multi."

"It's a multi-multi. They're taking down a street racing gang that's been using souped-up cars to transport drugs across state lines. It's a real life Fast and the Furious movie."

"Don't those movies glorify lawlessness?"

"No. They glorify family and loyalty and big, hard boobs on both men and women. The first one was Valerie's favourite movie in her tween years." Jake spoke matter-of-factly. 

"Yes, I recall. That was until I read out the entire bill of the law that prohibits such races from taking place." 

Valerie nodded somberly in recollection, "Longest family game night of my life."

"Guess who's heading up the task force?" Charles enthused, grinning in his seat. "Sergeant Boomer Maxwell!"

Impressed murmurs erupted from the squad, Valerie letting out a low whistle. 

"Boomer Maxwell. What kind of name is that? Is he a football player and/or Rugrat?" Gina added with a puzzled look, while Rosa frowned from beside her.

"Dude, he's an NYPD legend. I heard he took down three serial killers in one week."

"I heard he defused a bomb with his teeth because his hands were tied up." Terry added with wide eyes.

"I heard he bangs constantly." 

Jake grimaced, "Hitchcock no chime-ins for you."

"Well, good luck. I know how competitive these task forces can be."

"Especially this one because Boomer's amazing." Jake grinned.

"In bed." Hitchcock spoke, much to Jake's dismay. 

"Come on, Hitchcock!"

"Dismissed." 

The squad made their way out of the briefing room, Valerie beside Jake and Charles as the latter rambled, "Valerie, can teach us how to do doughnuts!" Charles immitated driving while Valerie nodded in approval.

"Valerie can't do doughnuts, she accidentally swerved around a corner in an entire 360."

She turned to look at Jake in defiance, "And how many angles is a doughnut?"