Turkey Day

"Happy Turkey day!"

Valerie looks up from where her legs were resting across Jake's lap, watching as Boyle threw his jacket over his chair with a wide smile.

Jake sat up, pointing over at Charles with his marker, "Yes! Right out of the gate."

"What? What's going on?" Charles looked around at the squad, hands on hips. 

"We're playing Boyle Bingo, Thanksgiving edition." Jake explained before turning to Valerie, "Your feet smell."

"They do not, loser." 

He feigned a look of hurt as Valerie poked her tongue at the man.

Charles let out a squeal, "Couple goals." 

Jake groaned, throwing his head back while Valerie's hand shot up, waving around her marker with an excited smile. "Yes! Point for Valerie."

Boyle peers down at Terry's list with a concentrated frown, "Boyle explains that they ate lobsters at the first Thanksgiving? They did. Back in that time, they called lobsters 'ocean bugs'- I'll just mark it off for you."

"I think I've got the winning card here. 'Boyle tells us that he played Pocahontas in his third-grade play'." Jake looked over at Charles expectantly.

"All the girls were too big!"

"This is a fun one, 'Boyle says gobble, gobble, gobble'."

Charles leaned towards Gina, "Well, now that I know you want me to say that, I'll just say it with two gobbles. Gobble, gobble..." He looked as if he were holding his breath,"...Gobble. God, it just sounds right that way. Ugh, I don't like this game." 

Rosa lets out a short laugh, "'Boyle objects to Boyle Bingo'."

"Come on, guys!"

Terry grins, "Boyle says, 'Come on, guys'. That's two for Terry."

"Well, guess what. I can spoil your little game by sitting over here quietly all day and doing nothing." Charles strutted over to his chair, attempting to sit down. Emphasis on attempting. He then proceeded to miss the chair entirely, landing on the precinct floor.

"Anybody have, 'Boyle falls on the floor'? No one?" Jake looks around at the squad as they all shook their heads. Charles quickly clambers to his feet, "That's a victory. That's a victory for Boyle. Boom!"

"Boyle says 'Boom!'"

--------

Valerie turned in her chair to see Amy flailing next to her desk, outside of the Captain's office. "Yes!"

"Why so excited?" Rosa questioned from her slouched position behind her desk.

"Did you make the cover of Hair Pulled Back magazine?" Gina retorted.

"The Captain is coming to my party. I'm gonna give a toast, tell him how thankful I am to have him in the precinct, and officially ask him to be my mentor."

Valerie rose her eyebrows as Gina spoke, "Wait, are you only hosting this dinner because you want to suck up to Holt? Not cool. This was supposed to be about friendship."

"You said you were only coming to see if my apartment was the reason I was single or if it was my personality, like you suspected. And Valerie said she'd only come if there's booze because food tastes better?"

Valerie leant back in her chair, holding up a hand, "I stand by that statement."

Amy frowned at the woman, "Why? You won't need alcohol to make the food taste better. I'm a great cook." 

Valerie let out a nervous laugh, gathering her casefile materials, "Yeah, of course. Love you, Amy!" She wasted no time evacuating to the evidence room.