The Halloween heist

"Valerie, can you stop?"

Valerie was never good with waiting, and on the busiest night of the year the anticipation grew tenfold. She was always looking for new ways to distract herself and today's new addition was attempting to land a pen in Amy's empty coffee cup. She threw one more, a dreadful misaim that ended up hitting Amy's cheek. The pen was light, but she still let out an instinctive ow. Amy turned to send her fellow detective, who was now busying herself whistling up at the ceiling, before chucking the pen back, hitting Valerie square in the forehead, the woman letting out a groan.

It wasn't a rare sight to see Valerie (lovingly) taking the piss out of Amy, but of course it was balanced out with the grand gift of lifelong friendship. In fact, Valerie and Jake had already made plans for ding-dong-ditching Amy when they're all elderly.

"Ugh, halloween is the worst. Everyone's drunk, wearing a mask and carrying a fake gun." Amy remarked as she narrowly avoided getting elbowed by one of two men with horse masks over their heads being taken into holding.

"Some kid tried to rob me with a nerf gun on my way to work. A nerf gun." Valerie added while looking over a file in her lap, her third 'Drunk and Disorderly' of the night. Her anecdote earned a snort of laughter from Jake.

"Plus all the girls think they have to dress sexy." Amy continued with a frown.

Jake propped his elbow onto the arm of his desk chair, his chin resting in his palm, "I know, that is the worst. Please make them stop."

"Do you remember the McClane incident?"

It was Halloween. Valerie let out a small sigh as she entered the bustling precinct. She was halfway to her desk when someone called out to her. It was Jake. His outfit near identical to her own - John McClane.

"Valerie?"

She turned with a puzzled expression giving him a full view of her costume.

"I thought you were dressing as Holly Gennero?"

"No, you were supposed to dress as Holly Gennero!"

This sparked an argument which continued until Terry lifted the two, one over each shoulder and trapped them in the evidence lockup.

Amy let out a laugh at the memory, also remembering the photo Rosa sent her of the two through the window of the evidence lockup, sulking. She quickly returned to her ranting.

"I passed a slutty tree on the way here. Who wants to have sex with a tree?"

"Was it a maple?" Scully chimed in from where he was standing frozen by his desk.

"Was it a maple?" Jake repeated, eyebrows raised as he looked between the women, Amy letting out an exasperated sigh before returning to her desk.

A moment later Charles entered the bullpen, voice bellowing as he greeted the squad, "Buon Giorno! Buon Giorno! Pretty cool 'stume, huh?"

"Stume?"

Charles look incredulously over at Jake as if the term had the most obvious meaning in the world, "Short for costume."

Jake nodded slowly as he took in Boyle's outfit, "All right, let me guess. You're dumpy Chuck Norris."

"No."

Valerie leant onto her desk, an amused smile growing on her face, "Dumpy Linguini from Ratatouille?"

"No."

"Dumpy Ron Weasley." Rosa suggested as she passed Boyle on the way over to her desk.

"No."

"You guys, stop it. He put thought into his costume, and he is obviously Miranda from Sex and the City." Holt gestured towards the exasperated detective in the middle of the room, Valerie letting out a small ah of realization at the Captain's words.