We're Not Hitting Them With A Car

"Oh, this is amazing. This is so amazing, everything about this is amazing." Jake eagerly collected the papers from the printer.

Valerie sat up from where she was slumped over her desk, watching as Jake came bounding towards the rest of the squad.

"What are you talking about?" Terry questioned as he leant back in his chair.

"A virus got on the server and sent all of us an email with everyone's search histories." Jake handed Valerie a sheet of paper, turning to approach Terry. "Check this out. Sergeant Jeffords searched the internet for 'undiscovered muscle'."

"I was working out and saw a muscle in my shoulder I'd never seen before. I thought it might've been a scientific discovery." Terry quickly justified.

"Listen to this. Scully searched for, 'How much fudge is in a calorie?'"

Scully looked up from where he was pouring talcum powder over his feet, at the mention of his name, "I never found the answer, but it was a good question."

"Boyle looked up 'How to make desk yoghurt.'"

Valerie's nose scrunched at the thought, looking over at Charles, "Desk yoghurt?"

He quickly pulled a jar out from underneath his desk with a satisfied grin. "Yes, I did, and I am thrilled with the results. Although the jar is really hot."

"That's gross. And Amy searched for 'Daniel Craig hands' plus 'close up'." Jake let out a groan, Amy perked up to defend herself, "You think I'm bad? Val searched up 'Matthew Gray Gubler' 46 times in the past two months."

"It was for research purposes." Valerie responded, habitually spinning her pen between her fingers.

"What research, huh?" Amy questioned, eyes wide.

Valerie raised her hands in surrender, "I have no regrets." She picked up the paper once more as she noticed how Jake had so far avoided the scrutiny, "Jake, stop judging us all, you searched for 'cheapest date possible'."

"And I wear that search like a badge of honour."

Valerie looked up at the destroyed building with narrowed eyes, hand on her forehead to shield from the sunlight.

"No! I can't believe Sal's is gone. This place is an institution. It's the best pizza in the neighborhood."

Boyle tilted his head, "Well, eighth-best." His words earnt a nudge in the ribs from Valerie, "Ow! But yeah, a tragedy. I mean any food-related crime is a tragedy."

Valerie turned to Jake, "Don't worry, we'll find who did this in no time. If the place is special to you then it's special to us", she sent him a reassuring smile before making her way towards the crime scene.

"Just date already, you're killing me!"

"Shut up, Boyle."

Valerie was just about duck under the police tape when she heard a car pull up, sirens blaring. "Oh no. Heads up, Fire Marshal."

"Oh, Boone. What's that nimrod doing here?"

Valerie watched the firemen approach with her hands in her pockets. She had never interacted with Boone directly but she'd heard enough to form her opinions on the man.

"Hey, Peralta."

"Hey, Boone. What're you doing here, you nimrod?"