The Window Incident

"And with a record five felonies solved in one week, Peralta pulls ahead."

Valerie lets out a groan as Jake throws the marker in her direction, a cocky smile on his face. "Did you guys hear that I solved five felonies in a week?"

Amy and Valerie look over at Jake with bored expressions as he continued to gloat.

"We heard."

Jake tilts his head with a mock-confused expression, "What? How?"

"You haven't exactly been subtle."

Valerie hurls the pen back at Jake in response, who then looked over at the female detective, mouth agape in offense, yet his confident demeanor remained.

"That's the sweet taste of triumph."

"You should shower more." Rosa spoke from behind him.

"Yep." 

Terry rose from his seat, making his way to the front of the briefing room, "Updates on open cases."

Amy perked up in her seat, raising her hand as she sent Valerie an excited look, "Marks and I just solved a supposed 'cold case' in less than 48 hours."

The two shared a high-five, the sergeant nodding in approval.

"I just got a DOA on Bessemer street." Boyle spoke up from where he was situated on the second row.

"You're the primary, you're in charge. Take Diaz, Marks and Peralta."

"Yes, my fantasy foursome." Letting out groans of disgust, the three turned to look at Charles, prompting him to continue. "-of cops on a case"

Holt entered the room, swiftly diverting the squad's attention, "Detectives, our monthly crime statistics are due. I want all paperwork on your closed cases by tomorrow. Scully, you can just write, 'I didn't close any' on a piece of paper."

"You got it."

Amy straightened up her posture, "I already got my paperwork in, Captain."

Holt's expression remained stoic, "Then I guess this little reminder isn't for you."

"Wow, looks like he hates you even more than me." Jake whispered from where he was leant over his desk.

"No, he doesn't. We have a good relationship. We're on the same page." Amy snapped back, Valerie laughing quietly.

"Something to share with the rest of us, Santiago? Marks?" Holt looked at the duo expectantly, Amy's mouth falling agape at the scolding.

"Nothing, Sir. Sorry for interrupting." Valerie responded shortly.

He looked back over at Amy.

"No, sir, I wasn't... Peralta was the one that was talking!" She quickly pointed back at an unsuspecting Jake, who sat up at the mention of his name.

"God, you must have been the worst fourth grader ever."

"Jokes on you. I skipped fourth grade." Amy smirked at the two, Valerie letting out a sigh.

"Bloody hell, of course you did."

"Santiago, anything else?" 

Amy looked to the front, wide-eyed, quickly shaking her head.

"Dismissed."

The squad dispersed, Amy catching Boyle just outside of the doorway.

"Hey, Boyle. I know you haven't had Peralta as a secondary in a while. Be careful. It can be rough."