15

namjoon didn't know what to feel.

it's been two weeks and he hasn't talked to seokjin yet. the man had texted him the other day saying that he misses him and that he's so sorry and would still wait for him but he understands if he wants to break up.

his made his chest hurt. he really miss seokjin too. in the short amount of time, the man made him feel so happy and good so yes he does miss him so much but, he can't get over the fact that seokjin called him easy.

what makes things worse is that he did the same thing to yoongi all those years back.

when he told taehyung and yoongi what happened, yoongi had said that he did the same thing to him. that how he knew him. yoongi ended up falling for seokjin too but the man didn't really like him, he was playing him and once he got what he wanted, he left yoongi sad and heartbroken.

years ago when yoongi came to them crying about the guy he liked using him, namjoon would've never thought he was talking about seokjin. that's why he doesn't like him so much and he feels so bad and conflicted.

anyway, namjoon's been in bed and missing work but taehyung and yoongi told him it was okay. today he felt like getting up out of bed and not thinking about everything that happened recently. he didn't feel like being outside but he just felt like getting up out of bed.

he got up and went to the bathroom, showering and then getting dressed in some sweatpants and a hoodie. he then brushed his teeth and washing his face then left out of his room and made his way to the kitchen. he got his tub of vanilla ice cream and a spoon then went into the living but stopped when he saw taehyung and hoseok.

"oh.. i thought you were at work." namjoon said as he sat on the small loveseat sofa.

"we closed up early since business was slow.. yoongi went to his parents house." taehyung said and namjoon nodded. "how're you feeling?"

"the same as i been feeling but, i just don't wanna sit and wallow in sadness so I'm here eating my ice cream and wanting to watch something." the boy said as he ate a scoop of ice cream. "but, if I'm third wheeling, I'll go back in my room.. I'd rather not be a third wheel when my heart just got broken."

he said that to try and make a joke and fun out of the situation but thinking about it hurt a little.

part of him wanted to ask hoseok how seokjin was doing but he didn't want to seem too desperate. the man just chuckled which caused namjoon to look at him.

"you can ask me, y'know.. I've known him much longer than everyone else." hoseok said and namjoon blushed. he didn't think it was that obvious that he wanted to ask but since hoseok already knew what he wanted to ask, why not go for it?

he just covered himself with the blankets he left on the couch for moments like this and looked down at his lap. "uhh... how's he doing?"

he blushed a bit not looking up at hoseok. they knew who he meant by 'he' and hoseok sighed.

"honestly... he's doing bad." he said which made namjoon look up at him. "he won't talk to any of us, he won't barely eat, he's just... he's been crying the most I've ever seen him cry."  hoseok said with a sad look on his face. "namjoon-ah, i don't think you realize how much he likes you.. I've never seen him practically beg someone like he did with you. he likes you a lot more than he say he does.. he maybe even love you."

as much as he didn't want to admit it, that made namjoon feel butterflies in his stomach. he loves me? he blushed a bit as he looked down.

"now, I'm not telling you this so you can go see him or talk to him because, at the end of the day, he was wrong and he knows it so he has to pay the consequences but, he really does miss you so much and he's really sorry."

namjoon just sighed. "i miss him too.. I'm just scared." he said and they felt so bad. both boys were missing each other and didn't know what to do. "can you uh.. tell me about him? please?"

hoseok thought about it for a minute then smiled. "he wasn't always like the bad boy you saw... he used to be so nice and sweet and kind but then something happened and he changed."

"what happened?" taehyung asked.

"it isn't really my story to tell but.. kinda like namjoon, he got into a really bad situation with his ex and it ended really badly which hurt him so much... he was really depressed for like months but then he just changed and became the guy you all saw... i tried to get him to stop but i think he did it to fill a missing spot in his heart that always hurt but was never fully satisfied"

"seeing him be the way he was was really painful because he used to be such a bright and happy person... after everything with his ex, it was like watching all of his colors just slowly fade away until he became the person y'all seen." hoseok said.

after hearing all of this, namjoon felt bad. seokjin told him about this before but never really went into full detail about it. he didn't know the man was depressed for so long.

he wanted to just go and comfort the man and kiss him and love him but he feels like it's too soon to see him.

"well, he still hurt my namjoonie hyung so, I'm upset with him." taehyung said.

"can you tell him to just give me a little more time? i really miss him and want to be with him still but, i just can't get over what he did to me yet.." namjoon said and hoseok smiled and nodded.

"like i said, he knows the consequences of his actions so, he'll just have to wait until you're ready to see him again." he said and namjoon smiled. "i will say that you've changed him.. I've never seen him want to try this hard to be with someone. i can see the old him coming back and I'm so proud of him for stopping this behavior of his."

namjoon couldn't help but smile at hoseok's words. he really wish he knew seokjin before he became the heartbreaking asshole they knew him to be. he fell in love with him yes but he so wanted to see how the man was before. he would've fell in love just the same.

although seokjin did what he did to others, he was so nice and kind to namjoon and from the way he was about to cry and practically begging namjoon not to leave him, namjoon knew his words and actions were genuine.

there's just one thing he need to do before he talk to seokjin and go see him.

***

it wasn't too late when yoongi walked into the apartment. he tiredly made his way to his room and sat on his bed. not too long after, he heard on knock on his door and said to come in.

he saw a shy namjoon walk in and he smiled at the boy's cuteness. "what's up?" he asked as he patted the spot next to him and namjoon sat down on the bed.

"i wanted to talk to you about something.."

"is it about you wanting seokjin back?" yoongi asked and namjoon blushed as he looked at him with wide eyes. yoongi chuckled. "it's obvious that you miss him joon-ah... and if you're wondering, no i don't have a problem with you talking to him again."

"are you sure? because, hyungie, i won't do it if you don't want me to." namjoon said.

"stop joon-ah.. what happened between me and seokjin was years ago and anyone would be a fool to not see how happy you both make each other and who am i to get in the way of y'all's happiness?" yoongi said. "now go get your man."

namjoon smiled as he hugged yoongi saying "thank you" and then he got up and made his way back to his own room.