Alliance

After spending the whole day having fun, discovering new flavors of candies and snacks with the girls and distracting herself from everything bad that was happening, Y/n noticed that it was already getting dark.

– I think it's time for me to go back to my room girls, it's been an amazing day, you're amazing. – Bianca said getting up and going to the door – Good night.

– Good night, Bianca. – they all said in unison and she left while Y/n got up.

– Don't tell me you're leaving too – Enid said getting up and hugging Y/n.

– I think I need to go, Enid. – she replied, running her hand down Enid's back – The day was perfect girls, you guys really know how to break a bad mood. – she said to Yoko and Divina who smiled, Y/n broke the hug with Enid and held her by the shoulders – Things between you and Wednesday will be fine okay, be patient. – she said and Enid nodded with a half smile. – Bye girls, we have to do this more often. – she said opening the door.

– For real. Bye Y/n, good night. – Yoko said.

– Good night Y/n. – Divina and Enid said together.

– Good night. – Y/n said smiling and leaving the room, closing the door behind her.

She went to her room and Xavier wasn't there, so she texted him asking where he was as she walked out of the room bumping into the housemaster.

– Coach Vlad, doing the check? – she asked smiling and putting her phone in her coat pocket and he nodded.

– I think Xavier is in the library, if you're looking for him. – he said calm.

– At the library? Ah, the library, how do you...? Forget it, thank you very much, coach. – she said starting to walk.

– Miss L/n. – he called and she turned – I would be honored if you would just call me Vlad, knowing who you are I feel strange being treated as superior. – he said and smiled sympathetically.

– Okay then... Vlad. – she said, hiding her discomfort over the name he shared with her late son – Thank you for your help, Vlad. – she said smiling and went to Nightshade's library.

When Y/n got close to the statue of Edgar she saw Wednesday enter the library and as if by instinct she became invisible and followed her.

– Uncle Fester? – Wednesday almost whispered.

–  Who's Uncle Fester? – Xavier asked appearing out of nowhere surprising Wednesday.

– What are you doing here? – Wednesday asked.

– Since I'm an actual Nightshade, I don't have to explain myself. What's your excuse for creeping around in the middle of the night? – Xavier asked.

– Research. – Wednesday simply replied.

– On the monster? I'll save you some time. There's nothing in here matching that thing. – Xavier said, " So he looked for it?".

– Isn't that convenient? – Wednesday said and Y/n rolled her eyes.

– You know what your problem is? – he asked.

– I would love to hear your piercing insight. – Wednesday replied.

– You don't know who your real friends are. I've been on your side since day one. I literally saved your life. I believed your theories when nobody else did. And what do I get in return? Just nothing but suspicion and lies. – he said frustrated and Y/n felt bad for him.

– Fine. You want honesty? Here it is. Every time the monster's attacked, you've been right there. Starting with Rowan at the Harvest Festival. Outreach Day, you arrived just minutes after the monster disappeared, yet you say you didn't see it. – Wednesday said.