Bird Cage

You barely landed on your feet as you faced Dabi who landed flawlessly and turned to face you. You flapped your wings aggressively trying to put the fire out.

"You winged heroes. You think you're so good and courageous until someone with flames comes and ruins your party." Dabi clicked his tongue and laughed as he locked eyes with you.

You swallowed as you accessed your situation. Looking above you, you "could fly but... we both know my flames would reach your wings before you got a chance to harden them into that precious shield." Dabi's voice bled into your thoughts as you looked back at him.

"I thought you'd be running away with your Master, you sad abused dog." You scoffed as Dabi laughed.

"Oh! That's a good one!" He said as he ran his fingers through his white hair. "Oh man! You're gonna be so much fun. Maybe Shigaraki was right about taking you. It'll be worth it." Dabi said as he lunged towards you.

You backed up, taking two wings you had grabbed when you jumped back the last time and tying two flash bangs on them. You pulled the pins and turned around. "Needle Flash feathers!" You screamed as the flash went off, you used your wings like a porcupine and stiffened them. Raising each feather and releasing them towards Dabi like needles from a porcupines back.

"Shit." Dabi scoffed as he jumped back and burned the feathers up, eyes closed as he got knocked by a couple of the feathers.

You stood up, not realizing he wasn't more hurt from the amount of smoke filling the alleyway.

You ran through the smoke, trying to get out of the narrow space to better escape.

You felt a hand go around your throat and slam you into the wall. "You're like a caged bird. Flapping your wings and trying to get away from the inevitable."

Dabi's hand began to heat up as you flapped your wings aggressively yet again. Kicking as he lifted you off the ground. "Let... go of me!!" You screamed as Dabi burnt your feathers down even more to half their length and continued to let them burn as you screamed out in pain.

"We can't have you screaming that loud now... I have to get you back to Shigaraki in one piece but he never said anything about you being broken." Dabi grinned as his hand came off your neck, went around your mouth, pulled your head forward, and was about to slam your head into the brick wall of the alley.

"Dark Shadow!" Tokiyami's Dark Shadow flew in at the last second and grabbed you from Dabi's grip as Hawks' feathers began to pelt him. Dabi groaned with irritation as he opened a door hidden in the alley and disappeared.

"Coward! Attacking my work/study student!" Hawks screamed as Dark Shadow put the fire out on your wings as he laid you on the ground.

"Y/H/N, are you okay?" Tokiyami asked as he looked at you. You nodded, tearing up as Hawks walked over to you both.

"I... I couldn't... He..." You began to breath heavily, a panic attack taking over your mind as Hawks kneeled down and put his hands on your shoulders.

"No one expected him to be here, Y/N. I swear. I wouldn't have sent you off by yourself if I had known..." He reassured you as he looked at your wings.

Your covered your face as you began to cry. Hawks and Tokiyami escorted you to Recovery Girl. She was shocked seeing you and had you sit as she calmed you down. Giving you a cookie she had freshly baked as Hawks and Grandma talked.