Distance

You didn't realize how much you loved Midoriya until you couldn't even see him let alone talk to him. It had been a week since you woke up from the two week long coma and you hadn't even heard Deku's name since Iida and the others told you about his disappearance.

You sat in your hospital bed most days, laying awake during the nights, and staring out the window in the evenings.

"Y/N?" You heard someone call your name from the room door.

You looked over to see All Might, eyes sunken as you bolted from your bed. Falling to your knees trying to get to him as you spoke. "Is Deku Okay!? Why... why do you look upset?"

"Hey, hey..." All Might helped you up back on the bed and smiled. "Just tired. But I'm okay. Young Midoriya is okay too. He's just... going through a lot..."

"Where is he?"

"I... don't exactly know right now." All Might rubbed his neck.

"What do you mean?" You looked up at him.

"I mean... well... I've..." All Might sighed. "It's bad, Y/N... He's beyond traumatized especially after seeing you get hurt. Then Young Bakugo..." All Might shook his head in disapproval. "It's just... all been so much for Young Midoriya."

You covered your face and began to cry. "I should've just focused on escaping with him... but... Shi... Shigaraki..." You whined behind your hands as you doubled over.

"Y/N..." All Might put a hand on your head. "This isn't your fault."

"I was on the recovery team, All Might!" You cried loudly. "I hadn't been trained in combat yet! I should've just ran with Midoriya but he would've never forgiven me!"

All Might hugged you. "No, Y/N. Young heroes like yourselves are not to blame. Please, do not hold this regret. You have tried the best you can as a young rising hero..."