Chapter Six

Over the next couple of days, Ellie explored the new suite of rooms he had placed her in this time. That was on a grander scale than the other one, not as sterile-white, more of creamy ivory, with splashes of colour.

Her clothes were placed into the new walk-in wardrobe, as before there were many rooms, with a spare bedroom straight out of Arabian nights in deep reds and purples, a queen-sized bed, built-in wardrobe, with its own en-suite.

Cosier and much more to her liking, yet knew she couldn't move out of the master bedroom without raising curious brows, wandering back out into the hallway that led to a back wall covered with a heavy sheered curtain, which was peculiar. 

Ellie pulled it back, confronting a door, and tried the handle, surprised it opened. She peered out into the corridor of marbled floors and decorative walls, high ceilings and pillars, looking familiar.

Maybe the entire place liked alike. Maybe she was in the same area as before, but on a different level, closing the door. A hidden door, interesting, heading back to the main living room, sinking into the super soft comfortable white multi-seating sofa, and laid back into the cushion on the end, wondering what Ronnie would do. 

Sure she would do more than lay here.

Sitting up again, Ellie rose and crossed to the other side, opened the balcony door and stepped out clasping at the rail. Not even a table or chair, just enough room to stand on, and looked around the high patterned walls, flat on all sides, all the way down to the garden area of palms the tops far below.

Ronnie would probably think of tying sheets together and scaling down the walls, stepping back. Nope, not in this lifetime. Shut the door and closed the curtains. There was no escape for her from there, turned around and hugged her arms.

Where would she go?

The only ones she had seen for the last couple of days have been staff, replacing towels, and bringing her meals, and refreshments, having more meals than she did at home, which brought her back to her Gran, sinking into the nearest chair. 

Also, missed the cats being underfoot.

That was the problem. It was far too quiet. She needed to get out.

Finally wandering out of the suite that wasn't locked this time, she entered the long wide corridor, crossing to the other side.

Ellie stopped beside the balcony carved railing between pillars, looking down upon a spectacular garden. Natural sunlight from the high dome above the courtyard spread across the marble-floored corridor.

It felt like a palace with its sweeping grandeur of Arabesque decoration comprising rhythmic linear patterns of scrolling and interlacing foliage, tendrils or plain lines combined with other elements.

It was like she had stepped into another world, so far removed from her own. Somewhere she's not supposed to be. For now, Gran was none the wiser. Ronnie had to be behind that, and Ellie knew she would see to all her needs.

At this duration, she was stuck here. There was nothing she could do about that.

As promised, Kaden had sent her books from the library, surprised by his thoughtful choices. Fingers dabbing her lip that was healing but still hurt to the touch, so was careful. Cheek bruised, yet the swelling had gone down.

"Who let you out of your cage?"

Startled, she spun around, hand on the throat that fell away, folding her arms instead. "I didn't realise I was in one. Oh, that's right. Kidnapped, drugged, and locked away in an ivory tower."

Hands in pockets, Kaden's gaze swept the surrounding area, resting back on her. "Not quite a tower. And, as I said, you're free to move wherever you like on this level."