Chapter Thirty-Three

No more with the side entrance, or hidden away, they arrived at the main palace entrance where an arrangement of staff lined up to greet them back and welcome their future Queen.

Ellie wanted to meet them all personally, getting to know their names.

A small collection, ones she would deal with.

"Where is Fatima?" she asked when done.

"I thought you would like a more private reunion."

"Yes," she breathed, relieved. "Thank you," hugging his arm and so glad she had dressed for the occasion in an ivory long-sleeved heavy embodied heart-shaped neckline top over a full matching layered skirt. 

Her clothes collection kept on growing. Even organised the designer of the ballgown to make her wedding dress in the same style, with a long trail, with a few tweaks so not exactly the same.

Before it hadn't worried her, even if she had an eye for designs that she liked. Ones she never thought she would ever wear. Ellie knew what she liked and had fallen in love with that dress and everything she had received. Now choosing her clothes, always getting Kaden's approval.

Having a quick catch-up with the designer in Dubai before arriving at her new home.

Leaving them to it, Kaden had used the opportunity to catch up with heads of state, having talks about their future as neighbouring countries, already having a good relationship with the royal families that run the seven different emirates.

Kaden had also insisted she wore some of the jewellery that belonged to her, just going for a necklace draped across her neckline, because of the dropped shoulder line of the top. Yet the only piece of jewellery she was interested in was the one on her finger.

Holding onto his arm as they walked the palace, weaving through the many long corridors, where she suggested they entered from the side entrance. Laughing, Kaden kissed her cheek. "We have a proper entrance. I thought you would like to see the frontage of the main palace."

"Thanks," she noted. "Next time add a ride on," finally entering their wing, and towards their level greeted by his right-hand man. "Ali!" she greeted him with glee, hugging him, then stepped back. "It's so good to see you again. I hope he hadn't overworked you?"

"As usual," he smiled, eyes twinkling. Kaden growled with a warning look.

"Ignore him," she waved away, "you kept me safe, looked after me, a part of the family," Ellie eyed Kaden sideways, "brother's in arms."

Kaden guided her into his office. "Behave or I will have a riot in my hands." Her head shot up, eyes bugged.

"Why?"

"They will plot against me for you."

"Right, refrain from hugging."

"Only me." She turned on him, hugging him, only to be hauled hard against his frame. "You are impossible, Elnora Jacobson. Come, someone is waiting to see you."

Taking hold of her hand, Kaden led her out of his office into the main living area of their private wing. Now out of prying eyes, Kaden drew her closer towards him, placing his arm around her instead as they headed towards her old suite where she would stay for now in familiar surroundings.

"Once you're settled in, you can do as you please, transform whatever you want. Turn it into a home for us."

Ellie blinked up at him. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, this was a shell until you arrived."

"There are so many levels," shaking her head at the prospect of that.