Pressing Luck

● 1/5/2023

Mud: Now is the time for the stupid rat bastards.

Debbeye: Where have you heard that banter?

Mud: The cousins playing card. Damn, they were brutal.

Debbeye: Try not to bring that up in front of the honored Guest, part of that phrase might be offensive. *side glances at the visiting party* Hey.

Mud: *growls, jabs her claws at the blond wuth the glasses* You again? *spits her mud, it lands on the brunet's suit*

Debbeye: Sorry, Makoto, we're not used to Byakuya's recent sponsorship. Mud has a sore spot for snobs.

Makoto: It's fine. I'm just glad to see you two again.

Byakuya: You've mingle with these beings before, Naegi?

Mud: *snickers* Wrong timeline.

Makoto: No, he was just swamped with paperwork.

Mud: Thought Basil handled those. They did perform a big ass charade to get him here.

Byakuya: That "charade" was part of our deal, simpleton.

Mud: I can do you one better. (to Makoto) Hey, Makoto, how would you like me to be your sponsor? I can be the "Loud American" for your meetings.

Debbeye: We've done some rudimentary research.

Makoto: Sure. Where can I sign up?

Mud: Here. *licks the palm of her hand and slaps it on a blank sheet of paper*

Debbeye: We're still figuring out the mutual agreements.

Melyssa: Yay, 'Koto!

Makoto: Hey, Melyssa. How are you?

Melyssa: No fleas on Maple!

Debbeye: One of your classmates tried to rile her up again.

Makoto: *groans* Junko.

[Somewhere off the distance, a white-haired man drags the Violet Oleander by her wrist with his prosthetic left hand to a portal leading to a tropical island.]