"Based on Context"

● 6/21/2024

Debbeye: We're going to play a game we called, "Based on Context." It's where we describe a Guest from the outside sources starting with the phrase, "Based on context."

Mud: Based on context, Kokichi Ouma is a seasoned liar, and it's his Arriving Day.

Debbeye: Also Scizor Cecil.

"Scizor?"

Mud: *side hugs the red mantis* Yes, you. I'll go next. Based on context, Strife Cloud has been a lab rat for around five years. *lifts a finger* Excuse me. *opens a window and screams* FUCK YOU, HOJO!!!!

Elfo: *shouts back from a distance* WHO'S HOJO?!

Mud: A MAD SCIENTIST WHO EXPERIMENTED ON PEOPLE!

Elfo: OKAY!

Mud: *closes the window* Well, Elfo is one observant consort.

Melyssa: Mudma, are you cursing another Deadbeat?

Mud: Yes, yes I am.

[Memoria is curled into a ball, her stripes glowing a bright, blinding orange.]

Melyssa: Grandmem! *slowly approaches Memoria, kneels and scoops her up in her lower arms, the stripes leave an electrical burn, stands up, and coaxes in a whisper* I got you, listen to my breathing. *starts breathing slowly, Memoria feels around her hands, touching the palms* Anxiety. *stroking Memoria's back* Come on.

[Memoria gradually regains her breathing, her stripes fade to gray, opens her eyes, caressing the burns on Melyssa's arms, and her stripes turn dark pink from the guilt.]

Melyssa: It's okay, Grandmem, you didn't mean to.

Mud: You okay to play, "Based on Context?" *Debbeye elbows her* What? She didn't seize, and she could use a distraction.

Memoria: *panting* Sure. Based on context...this is my...interpretation of...the new..."Inside Out" emotions. What you saw...was Ansiedade; Anxiety...she's orange. *taps her stripes* Embaraço; Embarrassment, hot pink. Inveja; Envy, teal. Tédio; Ennui, royal blue. Nostalgia, gray. I don't have rose-colored glasses, thank you very much.

Melyssa: Based on context, we're using the "Wreck-It-Ralph" theory, where video game characters play a role behind the screens, for the Cloud/Sora connection from "Super Smash Bros," which is their secondary job.

Isabelle: Do they have dental insurance? Cue the Shrek meme. Based on context, the Goetia groom their young with their arranged Joinings, just like Ciel and Lizzie back in Old England.

Basil: [raspy, their voice box occasionally making a suction cup-type noise] So Stolas and Byakuya are the same. They were both bullied into taking roles they didn't want. At least Byakuya didn't have to form a Joining with someone he has no feelings for.

Platinum: Based on context, Paimon is a Deadbeat, and should have a golden Noctowl as his Shiny Treatment.

"Oh, I wouldn't say that."

[A familiar avian demon steps out of an open portal, a blue book in one arm.]

Coriander: Hey, Stolas. Are you gonna scold us for letting Akane trash your mansion?

Melyssa: Cori.

Coriander: No, I am not gonna let this oversized, royal bird bite you and Isabelle's heads off.

Stolas: This "royal bird" prefers a pallet of small mammals, thank you, Cori.

Coriander: You're not taking Roxas. *hovers over a small blond* Meu nuvem pequeninho.

Memoria: Your small cloud?

Mud: Isn't he the Nobody?

Debbeye: Mud, don't be rude.

Mud: I'm not a bald Turk. They literally labeled this Roxas as a Nobody.

Stolas: *clears his throat* I assure you girls I have no ill intent towards your little charade in the past year. This Akane's acrobatics reminded me of the circus where Blitzø and I first met. *sad sigh*

Melyssa: Your partnership didn't work out? *Stolas shakes his head*

Debbeye: We can provide a safe haven for now.

Cumin: Based on context, we don't know how we've managed to pinpoint any of the Guests' traits. *shrugs* Lucky guess.