The Grand Finale

● 7/7/2023

Debbeye: We're not ending the book here, the title is a reference.

Mud: To the Ultimate Pop Idol. They even have a religion in her honor. *winks, feels her upper right arm yanked down to the frantic, green eyes of Orla*

Orla: *the bell on her scepter trembling in her hands, she whispers* Don't mention the Church of Maizono in front of Sayaka. She might end up worse than the aftermath of her motive video, and we all know how that turned out.

Mud: Never was the same again. *facing forward* One moment she saw her friends on stage, the next, they're on the floor, possibly dead, and the image of a bear on a giant monitor. Makoto was beyond infuriated when he found that disc.

Orla: Who are you talking to?

Mud: We have gained an audience. *gestures to a random stack of four Cycaps, who giggle amongst themselves*

Orla: *releases Mud, and waves her scepter and tambourine at the stack* Shoo, shoo

Orla: *releases Mud, and waves her scepter and tambourine at the stack* Shoo, shoo. *the Cycaps paw at the bells and tinsel*

Melyssa: (to herself) What if that Kane Brown song, "What If," and the original "Rewrite the Stars," from Anne-Marie and James Arthur, had a similar message? A love story that feels out of reach. *projects a separate image on each of her lower palms*

"They both mention stars and circumstances beyond control."

Melyssa: *gasps at the feminine figure before her* Ms. Sayaka, what a surprise. How's your bonding with Ms. Orla?

Sayaka: Great, until one of your moms brought up religion, then she had to step away.

Melyssa: You got all that from one encounter?

Sayaka: As you can see, I'm psychic. *giggles* Kidding, but your aunt did gift me a sea lion that can use Psychic. She's kind of like Kaede's Melody, except she has blue hair like mine, and more vibrant colors.

Melyssa: So, the Primarina from "Don't Fear the Rain?" Ms. Kaede requested that one on her Arriving Day. No, Isabelle, she can't read your mind, quit staring.

Isabelle: *shakes her head and turns away* My bad.

Melyssa: Where's Rimuru?

Isabelle: He had to go home. No, I did not eat him.