Barry Blames Himself and Laney Blames Herself

(At the speedway, the students were heading to the gym while Raf, Kelly, Miko, and Dan made it to Laney.)

Raf: Are you two okay?

(Jack pulled in as he crossed the finish line and took off his helmet.)

Jack: Better than okay. We won again!

(The other Shadowbolts smiled while Laney didn't and took her helmet off.)

Laney: Yes, we won again. But, someone could've been seriously hurt! The energon is going crazy and I have no idea how to fix it!

(Fowler came by the Shadowbolts.)

Fowler: Thank goodness your all okay.

(Jack then got a call from his mother.)

Jack: Hey Mom. You're on your way now? You saw what happened at the relay? Okay. Bye.

Laney: Who was that?

Jack: Mom. She's on her way.

Fowler: She's probably worried about both of you.

(Then, they heard Barry.)

Barry: Excuse me. I never wanted all of this to happen. I just wanted to learn about the strange energy from your school. I didn't know that it was energon or how it works.

Jack: That's alright. Neither do we.

(Then, Barry's device whirred like crazy.)

Barry: Oh no! No! No! No! Not again!

(His device opened and began dragging the energon inside Jack away, making him feel tired. Everyone saw it. June arrived and was shocked to see what was happening to her son. She and Laney came to Jack and caught him before he fell.)

Jack: Mom.....Laney.....

June: Don't worry Jack, we got you.

Barry: I'm sorry! It started absorbing energon on it's own. But, I'm not sure how!

(Laney was shocked.)

Laney: What?! What do you mean you don't know how?!

(As Barry tried to close the device, it opened another portal. Unknown to them, Principal Jenny was saw and hid behind.)

Barry: It also causes these dimensional rifts to appear. I'm not sure how that works either. There's nothing else I know about this like how to get your energon back.

(Laney gasped in horror as Barry said that.)

Laney: What?!

Barry: I know I'm supposed to be so smart. But, it just occurred to me that I shouldn't be messing around with things I don't understand.

(Laney closed the device and the portal disappeared.)

Laney: I know you want to understand.....

(However, Barry interrupted her as he had tears in his eyes.)

Barry: But, I don't. I also didn't mean to put all of you in great danger.

(Barry then ran away as he cried. Laney felt really bad for him. As it was done Principal Jenny smirked but her attention was caught by Principal Shannon, Vice Principal Adrienne, and Dean Jen.)

Jenny: You can't possibly call that a fair race!

Fowler: Principal Jenny, we all saw what happened!

Laney: Yeah! You can't think we had some kind of advantage. 

Jenny: Can't I? Even without your insane wild plants, you can glow energy.

Jack: One student! I didn't finish the race, Laney did.

Shannon: Well, the race sure had circumstances that appeared out of the blue.

Jen: Jenny, maybe we should end the games now and accept defeat again.

Jenny: What?! Was this your strategy all along?! To force us to accept defeat?!

Adrienne: No.

Jenny: I think not! 

(Principal Jenny then glared at Laney.)

Jenny: The games will continue and Diamond High will win despite whatever antics you and your teammates are on!

(Laney looked hurt as Principal Jenny walked to round up the other Wonderbolts.)

Laney: I'm sorry I couldn't stop all this from happening everyone.

Adrienne: Laney, your not to blame.

Laney: Isn't it? I should know how to control the energon my friends and I have inside of us. But, I don't. I let everyone down. To make matters worse, Principal Jenny thinks we're cheating!

Jen: Laney, your being too hard on yourself.

Shannon: It doesn't matter what Principal Jenny thinks.

Laney: But, it does! The students at JMH don't just want to win. They want to defeat Diamond High again! It isn't going to count that the other team is really going to believe their losing. At this rate, Diamond High is never going to believe we're winning fair and square because of human energon and that kind of energon is only around because of us.

Jack: Laney....all of this is not your fault.

(Laney runs off, crying, still feeling hurt at what Principal Jenny said to her.)