♡ 14 | Closure

It's the night before Valentines. Draco finds himself alone at the Astronomy tower. His light grey eyes cast over to the darkness. He's avoided coming here for months. But something calls him out here tonight. Maybe it's because tomorrow he'll be spending Valentines alone. Several thoughts run through Draco's mind. 

He's thought nonstop about his tasks for the Dark Lord. But the heavy weight of everything on his shoulders is getting the better of him. Draco hardly sleeps nowadays. Each time he closes his eyes he's fighting off a nightmare. But for once he has something else on his mind. Draco rolls a silver band ring in between his finger. 

Draco's thought several times before if he should obliviate Y/N's memory of him. Twice did Draco smell the distinct scent of Y/N. There's no way he's imagining it. But how is what Draco doesn't understand. She isn't foolish enough to really find a way to free him from Voldemort is she? How much does she know right now? 

Is she working alone? Or is she aiding Harry Potter? Draco's hardly had the time to keep an eye on the girl let alone Potter himself. Draco closes his eyes as he exhales slowly. He clutches tightly onto the ring in his palm. Draco needs to let Y/N go. 

Despite thinking this, her smiling face crosses his mind. Their memories together eats at him whole. Draco grinds his teeth together. An incredible wave of sadness drowns him. He's never felt so alone. 

Cold. Misery. Heartache. Desperation. Isolated. 

Draco pounds his fists against the stone railing until his knuckles bleed to feel some kind of pain that's not his own heart or mind. He lets out a scream of agony that fills his ears. All this oxygen around Draco and yet he feels like he's suffocating. The boy drops to his knees as his shoulders tremble violently. Tears splatter against the cobblestone. 

"Y/N." Draco whimpers out the only person he wishes to be with. If only Draco was stronger. If he only he had control of his own life. If only he didn't care about his family. Draco would've still had Y/N with him and never would he have broken their promise. It still pains Draco that he even laid a hand across Y/N's face. 

Everything she yelled at him that night of their break up is true. Draco's nothing but a fool. A fool without a brain for himself. Draco aches to hear Y/N's voice. For her to tell him things will be okay. To hear her say she loves him one more time. Or just even to hear her adorable laughter. 

Draco's chest is tight as he sobs loudly. His tears stream freely. "Draco?" Someone calls out to Draco but he ignores them. Maybe if he ignores them, they'll go away. It's embarrassing enough he's crying. Seems like his emotions have finally met a boiling point. 

Hurried footsteps rush over to Draco from behind. Then there's the sound of knees hitting the ground. "Draco, is something wrong?! Are you hurt?" The voice sounds much clearer now. Heart in his throat, Draco raises his glossy eyes to the very person he's crying over. 

Y/N Y/L/N.

Why. How can Draco ever move on if Y/N finds a way to appear when he needs her most. Y/N uses her robe sleeve to gently dab the tears from Draco's face. Draco tries to compose himself but his eyes spot her right hand that's empty of his ring. Draco doesn't even realize that Y/N is not alone either.

Cedric Diggory is crouching beside her. He looks just as worried as she is for Draco. A stab drives into Draco's chest when he sees Cedric by Y/N's side. Why is he here? Was Y/N going to show Cedric the Astronomy Tower? Does that mean the two are together now? Several thoughts run through Draco's mind but it all ceases when Y/N calls out Draco's name. 

"Draco answer me." Y/N darts her eyes all over Draco. "Y/N heard you scream and we rushed up here." Cedric adds. Hearing Cedric's statement eases Draco's heart. So the two were just walking past the Astronomy Tower.