♡ 16 | He Knows Now

"It's going to work right?" Vincent whispers to Gregory as the two watch Blaise intently. "Of course it is. Otherwise Draco will have our heads." Gregory grumbles under his breath with his arms crossed. "Can you two idiots stop talking?" Pansy snaps at the two boys with a menacing glare. 

Gregory and Vincent look at one another with pursed lips. Blaise steps back from the Vanishing Cabinet and waves his wand a few times while mumbling spells. He then walks over to the sleeping bird in it's cage. "Let's hope this works." Blaise looks at the three before reaching into the cage for the bird. The bird tiredly wakes up and looks at Blaise who puts it inside the cabinet. 

It chirps with confusion. The chirps grow soft when Blaise closes the Cabinet door. He holds his breath as he presses his ear against the wood. Pansy, Gregory, and Vincent all hold their breaths. No noise is made asides the faint chirps of the bird. 

"Well?" Pansy speaks up after two minutes of quiet went by. Blaise straightens himself up and opens the Cabinet. Pansy, Gregory, and Vincent crowd behind Blaise to look inside. Their eyes all widen in shock. The bird is not there. A letter rests where it was. 

"Good job dears. The Dark Lord will be proud. We'll be in contact. - Bellatrix"

Blaise picks up the letter and turns around to look at the trio. "We have to tell Draco. Now!" A sense of urgency is behind Blaise's tone. The four scatter out the Room of Requirements in search of the white blonde haired Slytherin boy.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Harry is in utter shock to witness what he's stumbled onto. Instead of cooping himself up in his room during Valentines, Harry decided to spy on the Slytherins. With Hermione, Ron, and Y/N busy with their celebrations, Harry took it upon himself to scoop out for more information. Good thing he did. Otherwise he would be blind sighted to the fact the Vanishing Cabinet is fixed. 

Several thoughts swirl in Harry's mind. Should he go find Ron and Hermione? Or should he try to find Y/N? Ron and Hermione have been lost in the dark about what Harry's been up to with Y/N. The two friends believe Harry is no longer interested in the burning of his scar and the very vivid dream he had. Biting his bottom lip, Harry hurries out of the Room of Requirements in search of Y/N. 

She's the only one who seems serious about this situation. Y/N's also the only one who's offered Harry help. Whether if it's more for herself or to help Harry, he doesn't care. She's shown her worth and aided Harry thus far. He'll just have to hope she's not still celebrating Valentine's with Cedric. 

Harry's careful when he moves around in his Invisibility Cloak. The Slytherin group may be nearby. Heart in Harry's throat, he tiptoes out of the space and down the corridor. He pulls out his Marauder's Map in search of Y/N. He spots her name near Hagrid's hut. Harry then stashes the map away in his robe pocket and hurries off. 

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

The sun is long gone and the stars are now littering the sky. You wait by the Black Lake as Cedric thanks Hagrid again for letting him bake his cake at his place. The earlier question on how Cedric managed to bake a cake is answered. There's a lightness to your chest when you breath in the air. Eventually the coldness will turn into warmth with spring nearing next month. 

You let out a slow exhale, a smile on your face. The stars twinkle brightly tonight. You can't think of another happier day asides today. There's a bit of fear that crawls in your palm that you may mess up your relationship with Cedric. Constant lack of self confidence creeps around you but you try to shake it off. Cedric's witnessed you at your lowest and at your strongest. He clearly loves you no matter your circumstance.