♡ 15 | My Valentine

It's no surprise Hogwarts is bustling with excitement this morning. It's Valentines Day. You keep a watchful eye on the students who rush past you giggling with flushed cheeks. A mixture of nervousness, excitement, and adoration fills the air. It's a shame classes are still in session. You're sure everyone wishes to just spend the entire day off with their Valentine. Not everyone enjoys Valentines when you spot Pansy with crossed arms in the courtyard.

She's flashing a death glare at every couple that walks past her. Blaise tries to calm her down while Vincent and Gregory show little effort. Draco is no where in sight and you only hope he's catching up on rest. You stop abruptly when Cupids fly past you. They all break off to find the students who are receiving a message from their Valentine.

You mentally pray Cedric did not get a Cupid for you. It's always so embarrassing being the center of attention as the Cupid reads out the note, poem, or worse serenades. With the flurry of angel wings out of your way, you enter the courtyard. There's a short time before breakfast so looking over your homework for Herbology should help pass the time. You walk over to your usual spot without thinking. 

But someone is sitting where you usually do. Cedric smiles when you both make eye contact. He stands up from his spot with a beautiful bouquet of your favorite flowers. You're unsure how he even managed to with the current winter season. "Good morning my Valentine." Cedric speaks with a playful tone. 

You absentmindedly take the bouquet from Cedric. Your eyes dart all around the bouquet in awe. It's absolutely beautiful. Raising it up to your nose, you inhale the sweet floral scent. "Thank you Cedric." You return your attention to the Hufflepuff boy. "But...how did you manage to even get this here to Hogwarts?" 

"I'll never tell." Cedric winks at you with a chuckle. "There's more surprises throughout the day so I hope you look forward to it." Cedric looks proud of himself when you widen your eyes with your lips parting. "Please tell me you didn't hire one of those Cupids." You say with a groan and furrowed brows. 

Cedric shakes his head. The two of you glance over across the courtyard where a Cupid is loudly singing a song to one of the Gryffindor girls. The girl is hiding her face with her hands, her face a deep cherry red. Her friends around her swoon with awes. But you can't help but feel her secondhand embarrassment. 

You return your gaze to Cedric. "I feel terrible not planning anything for you Ced." You hug the bouquet close to your chest. This gift alone is enough for you. Even just spending the day with Cedric is worth hundreds of gifts. Cedric pokes the tip of your nose. 

He then leans forward to brush your hair behind your ear. "You spoiled me for Christmas. It's my turn Y/N." Strangely you feel your heart skip. Cedric is too handsome for his own good. Especially when he's this close. Heat begins to creep on your cheeks. 

You clear your throat and avert your eyes to your bouquet. "A-Alright then. Should we head over to the Great Hall? I'm sure it looks beautiful in there." You change the topic to ease your nerves. Cedric smiles and walks beside you. Neither of you have to say anything as there's a comfortable silence. 

Suddenly you feel self conscious being this close to Cedric. There's several eyes on you. You wish they would look elsewhere. A few students say good morning to Cedric and he sweetly tells them good morning. You then notice there's several couples at Hogwarts. They're not ashamed to show off either. 

From holding hands, embracing, and even kissing. You nervously glance at Cedric's hand from the corner of your eye. A smile then curls on your face when you see the bracelet you gifted him for Christmas is still adorning his wrist. "Sit with me today." Cedric speaks up, a smile on his face. You feel a tug on your hand when Cedric intertwines his right hand with your left.