♡ 22 | She's All He Can Think About

Seconds turn to minutes to hours to days. Life at Hogwarts is a blur for Cedric. Especially even more so after telling the news to Y/N about the death of her parents. It's unusual to see Y/N so "calm". Not once has Cedric seen her shed a tear for her loss. He's unsure if the situation with Voldemort has caused her to grow numb. 

They speak as usual and she acts no different. At least not completely. Cedric's been too busy with his Quidditch practice to be able to spend time with her like before. But Y/N eases Cedric's worry for his lack of attendance with understanding. If there is a war, Y/N wants Cedric to practice efficiently on his broomstick for a quick getaway.

Cedric knows he shouldn't feel guilty for putting himself first. Y/N is not lying when she wants Cedric to focus on himself. But it's hard for him to do when all that swirls in his mind is her. Harry's informed Cedric that Y/N's overworking herself. She's the first to arrive during the secret alliance meeting and the last one to leave. Y/N hides her exhaustion well from Cedric. 

He's positive she's consuming potions to aid her. The girl can be stubborn with determination when she sets her mind onto something. What Cedric fears is that she may be too consumed in getting vengeance. Will she feel completely at peace once she gets revenge? Or will she feel like a hallow shell?

There's no use in thinking like this. Cedric clicks his tongue as he soars down from the high sky onto the clean cut grass of the quidditch field. He can't possibly practice today. Cedric calls out to his team that he's ending practice early and for everyone to rest up. It's the last day of practice which should be the most important but Cedric has more important matters to handle. 

His heart. 

Cedric's mind is too chaotic for him to solely think about practice. Deep down Cedric knows that the finals will end with tragedy. If all the information Y/N and Harrys' gathered is correct, tomorrow may be his last if he's not careful. So why should he spend that time sweating over practice? He has a girlfriend who needs comfort despite not believing she needs it. 

Cedric hurries back to his common room to get a change of clothes before taking a quick bath in the Prefect bathroom. Once he's freshly cleaned he'll go look for Y/N. He won't feel at ease until he sees her face.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Back in his common room, Cedric adorns his right wrist again with the friendship bracelet Y/N's made for him. His bright grey eyes stare at the accessory with a soft smile. Cedric roams his damp hair with his fingertips and readies to leave in search for Y/N. But before he can make it out of the room there's a tap against the window. Turning around, Cedric spots his owl with a letter tied to it's right leg. Is it a letter from his father? 

He received one earlier this week informing Cedric that many wizards and witches will be attending the final Quidditch game. Majority will be hiding amongst the crowd to avoid suspicion. Several of them will be in Hogsmeade tonight. 

Cedric opens the window and strokes the head of his owl before taking the letter off it's leg. Cedric sits down on the window sill as he rips open the envelope. To his surprise the letter is actually from Y/N. There's a smile that laces Cedric's face when he recognizes her handwriting. His fingertips graze over her handwriting as he reads the letter.

Ced,

Meet me at the greenhouse as soon as you get this letter. Unless you're a sweaty mess. Take a bath first, stinky. xoxo

Yours, Y/N.

A dry chuckle escapes Cedric's throat when he puts the letter back into it's envelope. He slips the mail into the drawer of his nightstand before rushing out of the bedroom. Cedric leaves the common room with a mind in place instead of aimlessly wandering around like he had planned to. Thoughts cross Cedric's mind. It's not usual for Y/N to be the one to call out to him first. He hopes Y/N is okay. Her message didn't give any clue to why she's calling out to him like this.