2🤎

Rue

"You have no reason to worry Rue. She didn't seem to think you were weird." My best friend Lottie says. We're in our dorm room studying and catching up on todays events.

"She probably thinks I'm weird and obsessed." I smack my pen against my notes.

"If anything she picked up on the fact that you like her." She teases.

"Like is a far stretch, do I think she's beautiful, of course. You should've seen her Lottie."

"I love your bi panic moments. They're so cute. Simon invited me to open mic night tonight at that cafe just outside of campus. I'm sure he'll be bringing her to meet everyone, you should come." She offers.

"Si already invited me, I told him I'd think about it." I answer.

"No need to think about it, we're going. We can get ready after our homework is done." She sterns.

"What if she's there?" I ask.

"That'll be good for you, maybe you can talk to her and loosen up." She smiles.

"Fine but if I embarrass myself again I'll sign up for online courses and become a recluse."I say.

"No, you're just going to try again. Hurry with your work so I can curl your hair." She throws a pen cap at me.

When I get done with my homework I get dressed in a simple white cropped T-shirt paired with an all black jogging suit along with air forces and my assortment of gold jewelry.

"Ahh, basic but cute. I like the gold, you know I love gold on black folks. It's just such a perfect fit." She smiles.

"Thanks, your outfit looks great as well." I compliment her.

She fixed my hair and we are out the door and we walk to the cafe.

The walk was calming and quiet. When we arrived there it was quite packed. My nerves started going off of the walls with all these people in here.

"Rue, breathe. It's okay, I know there are a bunch of people in this little space but you have me and Simon. We're going to make sure you're okay, just breath. We can go in whenever you're ready." Lottie rubs my arm.

Between Lottie and Simon I have a lot of support with these sort of things. Lottie gives calming pep talks while Simon loves making everything a joke. "You can't have a mental break down if you're too busy laughing", at least that's what he says.

I take a few deep breaths. "Okay Lottie, I'm ready. Thanks."

She reaches for the door. "You don't ever have to thank me, that's what best friends are for."

We walk inside to sit with Simon and his friends. Thank god she's not here.

"Hey Rue, where have you been?" Simon friend Alexis jumps up and hugs me. His friends are really cool people there's four of them Simon, of course, Alexis, Morgan and Joesph. They're always together. Tonight though there's only Simon, Alexis and Joseph. Morgan is probably with her boyfriend, that's where she's been lately.

"I've been working and studying, with it being my second year you would've thought I'd have it under control by now." I laugh.

"Yeah, we still don't and we're juniors. It takes a while." Alexis responds.

"Where's Morgan?" Lottie asks.

"She's with her boyfriend, as usual." Simon responds.

"I would probably dip on y'all too, especially the guys. No hard feelings Alexis." I joke.